The Birthday Ball and Weasley's Gall pt. 2

···

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. THIS BOOK HAS MORE THAN 10K READS I- SALDJKFHSKDNF THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH ILY ALL SO MUCH.

···

⚠️WARNING⚠️

slight sexual intercourse. kind of? idk. If you're uncomfortable with that, skip the *-*-* until they appear again. Also, Harry was in the land of the dead for like 50 or so years, and was 'born' 10 years ago. So it's been 60 years since his past life and 60 years since he first met Mortem. Harry is like 78 years old mentally.

···

Harry only stopped glaring when his brothers placed a hand each on his shoulders, calming him through the bond. He smiled at them gratefully and waited for the waiters to come out with the food.

···

Harry ate amazingly. The house elves and the cooks exceeded themselves year after year with their large feasts including food from around the world cooked to perfection. For dessert, a large treacle tart flavoured cake had been brought out and had been placed in front of Harry, who, as always, moved it slightly so it was between him and Neville. Everybody attending the ball sang a joyful 'Happy Birthday' to the both of them before the cake was whisked away and cut, so everybody had a piece.

The Weird Sisters had once again started playing and a few people started making their way to the dance floor. Harry turned to Luna and extended his hand.

"Care for a dance?" he asked his best friend. The blonde giggled and nodded, taking his hand and pulling him towards the dance floor.

"Does your mate not mind?" she asked him as he twirled her. 

The thing about Luna was that she was a seer, or a type of seer anyways. She didn't have any annoying prophecies to spout, but she seemed to know things before they happened, or things that she shouldn't know at all. She could also see strange creatures that no one else could, like the crumple horned snorkack and the nargles.

"You know who he is, and that he exists, and you respect that. He enjoys your company just as much as I do and prefers it to be you, or a person who knows they are nothing more than a friend, than anyone else." he told her. Luna hummed, nodding, and continued to dance. Luna was quite pleasant to dance with, and they both swooped around the dance room, leaving many shocked in their wake at the gracefulness they seemed to hold. Harry could see a few reporters with their cameraman taking pictures of them, and he could just imagine tomorrow's paper, probably rumors about him and Luna being in a relationship. They were ten for the gods' sake!

Their dance was interrupted by Ginny walking up to them and standing way too close to Harry for comfort, her arms crossed over her chest with a glare directed at Luna and an eyebrow raised, as if she was expecting something.

"May we help you, Ginevra?" Harry asked, twirling Luna once again and allowing sparks of pure magic trail from his hands, giving them an even more enchanting look.

"Aren't you going to dance with someone else apart from Looney?" Ginny snapped at them rudely.

"It's quite rude to call people names," Harry told her, catching and dipping Luna, "but Luna doesn't mind so I'll allow it. And now that you bring that up, I did promise Daphne and Pansy a dance each. If you'll excuse me?" He asked Luna, bowing his head. Luna giggled and let him go.

"That's not what I meant!" Ginny whined, stomping her foot.

"Then what is it?" Harry sighed.

"When are you going to ask me to dance?" she asked. "You know I'm a better partner than them."