Nicholas and Perenelle Flamel

A/N: I am not very sure what is going on in my comments, but from what information I have gathered I now know that some people are talking about enchanting daggers in plans to torture Dumbledore?? It's in like the fifth or sixth chapter and the thread is like 65 comments long. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, but are all y'all okay?

On another topic, I have recently taken an immense liking (obsession) to reading Merthur fanfiction and that has now taken over my life :D If you have any good recommendations for that, leave them in the comments (I use AO3 and Wattpad)

Anyways, enjoy!

···

"Come on out then, I've still got more people to find." He said this very cheerily and patted Harry on the back as he sulked out. Tracy groaned and followed behind him.

···

The thing about meeting important people as an important person, is that neither of you are intimidated. You both know what it's like, to be in the spotlight, to be held in a higher regard. So when meeting a person of high standing, another person of high standing would nod and ask, "How do you do?" as if this was any other person, and the first person would respond in kind. They would hold polite conversation, talk about whatever they wished to talk about, and that was that. 

That, however, was not the situation.

Harry was practically trembling as he walked up to Flamel Manor -it's more of a castle, really, Harry thought to himself-, the elegant box in his extended pockets seemed heavier than ever before. Mortem was walking right beside him, holding his hand in a grounding way.

"There's no need to worry, Love." Mortem told him, "They've been wanting to meet you ever since they first received your letter. They are quite excited and I'm sure Tempus has already told them about you." 

This didn't have the intended effect.

"But that means they have expectations!"

"You mustn't worry, my Raven." Mortem had taken to calling Harry that when the boy got into his particularly finicky moods. 

Something about the color of his hair,  the way he was pulled to shiny objects, and it's relations with death. Harry hadn't really paid much attention to the explanation, much to flustered by the term of endearment to think of anything else.

Harry didn't say anything else. Instead he chose to fiddle with the rings on Mortem's left hand. The god gave him a side-eyed glance but let him continue. 

They continued walking and the closer they came to the building, the more imposing it seemed. They reach the large guarded gates but Mortem doesn't wait for anyone to open them. He just presses a hand against one of the coat of arms proudly presented on each of the gates, which, now that they are close up, Harry can see is the symbol of Tempus. 

It's a sideways hourglass inside of a circle. Right where each of the numbers should be on a clock, there is a different rune, symbolizing time, love, death, life, chaos, balance, knowledge, fate, magic, resurrection, and eternity. At the very top, in the spot where the number twelve would usually go, is the rune for divinity. At the very bottom of the coat of arms, written in Ancient Magyk, are the words time stops for no one and no one stops for time.

He remembers looking at it in shock a few months back when the Flamels had first responded to his letter. The family emblem had been pressed into the wax seal that had been sent to Harry, and he had spent hours tracing the shapes and words. By now, the symbol was familiar. It had been pressed into the seal of the dozens of letters Harry had exchanged with them since then.