Power the Dark Lord Knows Not

As Harry lay in his James' arms, listening to his father recount the story of Babbity-Rabbity and her Cackling Stump, and the vibrations of James' chest calming Harry down, he only had one thought in mind. Family.

···

Harry and Neville had celebrated their birthday with a small party in Godric's Hollow. Like Sirius and Remus had in Harry's past life, they gave Harry a toy broom, which he absolutely loved and drove his mother insane.

Months later, Alice and Frank were found tortured to insanity. The public was told that Bellatrix LeStrange was to blame. Lily and James were distraught as they took in Neville as their own, and so were most of the Dark. Bella was going to be tortured for her treason when Marvolo realized she looked slightly hazy. They realized Bella had been under the imperius curse. When Marvolo removed it, she broke down crying and muttering apologies to someone that would not be able to accept them. It destroyed her knowing one of her best friends and her husband were practically dead at her own hand. In her mourning, she handed herself in. Another fatal blow to the dark.

And now, it was Hallowe'en. Harry, for the first time in his short second life, became extremely fussy. His magic accidentally lashed out on Neville, so he was sent to his grandmother's for the day, in case Harry's magic decided to attack him again. He was also extremely attached to  his parents. This caused James and Lily to worry, was something wrong with Harry?

They spent the whole day trying to cheer up his gloomy mood. Nothing worked. Nearing the end, Harry realized his mistake and tried his very best to be happy. He didn't want the last moments he had with his parents to be spent like the day had just been spent.

They were now in the living room, Harry bouncing on Lily's lap as James created colorful smoke rings with his wand, letting Harry play with them. There was a knock at the door and James stood up to open it. 

"Marvolo! What a pleasant surprise, do come in." As instructed, the powerful wizard stepped through and greeted Lily before leaning down and kissing Harry's forehead as a greeting to the child, in the same place that a certain scar was going to burn through in a couple of hours.

"Ma'volo!" Harry exclaimed, hugging the man that had grown to become like and uncle to him.

"Haz!" the man answered. Unlike in his past life, people seemed to call him Haz and Hazza, claiming it suited him just as much as Harry and Harrison did. Harry giggled before calming down again, allowing Marvolo to sit down.

"What brings you here, Marvolo?" Lily asked, carding her fingers through her son's hair.

"I have heard whispers of Albus' plans. He senses Harrison's raw power. He wants it gone." Marvolo informed them. James and Lily sucked their breath harshly. Lily's arms tightened around Harry as James shuddered.

"Not Harry..." Lily whispered, tears starting to sting her eyes.

"Don't cry, Mumma." Harry instructed, wiping the tears off his mother's face.

"Don't worry Bubba, Mummy's just worried for her little Hazza." She gave him a watery smile, tickling him. Harry laughed. Even though he was technically eighteen, he enjoyed actually having a childhood and being allowed to act like a kid. 

"D-do you know when he plans to attack?" James finally said.

"I've heard most whispers surrounding today. I'm not sure, but I am here for assistance in case he does come." Both Potters nodded at the man gratefully.

They continued to talk, the tense atmosphere not dissipating, but lessening slightly as they drank from their tea cups and laughed at old memories, trying to ignore the fact that there was an ongoing war at the moment.