The Birthday Ball and Weasley's Gall

Hi guys! I wanted to come on here and say thank you all so much for the support you have given me and my book. Thanks for the 6.1K reads, thats INSANE. Hope you enjoy the chapter and don't forget to answer the question in the last chapter please :)

···

Remus bent down and placed a kiss on Harry's head, murmuring a soft, "Love you, Harrison." before standing up and pulling Sirius away and through the door. Harry heard a faint conversation before a soft pop, and he knew he was now alone.

···

Harry liked to believe he had a relatively normal childhood

 Through the week, he would live with the Dursleys, who were very supportive of him, surprisingly. They allowed him to use the attic as a place to practice controlling his magic, or in other words, speak with Mortem and searching for Voldemort's horcruxes.

He and Dudley got along surprisingly well. Though they didn't have any common interests, they would often be seen playing a board game together, maybe watching the telly while they talked about the gossip that was going around school. 

Harry also got along marvelously with his Aunt Petunia. They would cook together, and Harry would help her with the gardening or with the chores. He found that when he was not being forced to do these types of things, he actually enjoyed them. Especially with his aunt, who would tell him stories of his mother and then would listen to him as he told her about her own problems. She also allowed him to use his magic as they worked, speeding up the process.

Uncle Vernon was slightly harder for Harry to crack. When Harry had been younger, he didn't really understand his uncle. In his first life, he wasn't in the house a lot, mostly at work on on work related trips. When Harry started showing interest in sports, Uncle Vernon excitedly told him about the wonders of football (soccer for the americans) and how fun basketball was or how exciting it was to watch baseball, a sport similar to cricket. Harry was also the only one who could stand Uncle Vernon's political rants, and would often give his own input on the situations. Harry was also a frequent guest at the business dinner parties Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon threw thanks to his ability to be able to maintain small talk and politely give ideas. Vernon himself had gotten a promotion or two because of Harry's ingenious ideas. He could also butter up to someone without making it too obvious.

He had friends in school, and was top of his grade. He was popular as well. He was part of various clubs and afterschool activities. That, along with Amore's blessings, made Harry desirable number one in his school. His already handsome looks and the muscles he was starting to create caused girls to practically throw themselves at him. His teachers loved him and dotted over him, loving how smart he was and how kind he seemed to be.

During the weekends, his Uncle and Godfather would pick him up and spend the whole Saturday with him, doing fun little things and having a good time, while on Sunday was when they would go out and see people. They would also allow Harry to be seen by the press, knowing how important that was as well. When Harry was invited to important wizarding events, they would always take him, even though they were in the middle of the week. they would also take him in for the holidays. The Wizarding World absolutely loved their saviour, the kind, polite, and handsome little boy with a large smile.

Harry had everyone around his finger, and that was exactly where he wanted them.

···

Ten, almost eleven, year old Harry Potter was patiently waiting on his bed. He was waiting for Remus and Sirius to arrive and take him to yet another ball. He had been able to successfully dodge the last few, thanks to school and the fact that neither of his magical guardians enjoyed going to these types of events anyway, but this one who couldn't miss. It was a ball in his honor, to celebrate his birthday.