The Annoyances

A/N: Sorry?

···

Harry grinned excitedly. "And I'll be happy to listen to them all."

···

The next morning, Harry had woken up with surprising ease. The opposite side of his bed had been warm, though, and he could still feel the lingering touch of an arm around his waist, so Harry could asume why he was so well rested.

Soon after Harry had showed Mortem the painting, Mortem had said goodbye and Harry had made his way back to his dorm. However, just as the past few nights, Harry hadn't been able to sleep, which was why Mortem had decided to join him again, cuddling Harry until he was fast asleep.

It was Monday now, which meant trials were over and had finished with a hopeful Terry, a happy Cho Chang, a worried Oliver Wood, and an extremely pissed off Ron Weasley. 

The redhead had ended up borrowing a school broom to try out as seeker, had failed miserably at his task, had embarrassed himself while falling off his broom multiple times, and had then proceeded to curse out Harry, his friends, and Wood all in one go. 

He obviously did not getting the spot. Which lead to more raging on his part and a massive loss of house points for Gryffindor thanks to his childish response and attitude for the rest of the day. 

The Weasley twins spent the whole rest of the afternoon bemoaning their unfortunate blood relation to Ron, and had hidden away from the world with the house elves in the kitchen. The only reason Harry knew this was because the two had sneaked their way into the Slytherin common room to gift him a few spare pastries. 

Monday had sneaked up on the castle, and before Harry knew it, he was once again sitting in the back of the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, praying that the clock on the wall moved just a little bit faster. 

Apparently, his blatant disinterest of the class was finally picked up by the incompetent teacher. 

"Mr. Potter!" Professor Lockhart said sharply. "Pay attention to class!" 

Harry blinked himself out of his daze and looked at his teacher. "Yes, Professor?" 

"Mr. Potter, can you please tell me what I was just teaching?" he asked, imperiously. Ever since Harry had denied him in the bookstore, the man had been acting strangely towards Harry, either overtly nice, or downright cruel. 

However, after weeks of waiting, the restraining order Remus had placed had finally been filed in. 

Harry,  or rather Harry's solicitors had taken the Professor to court and Sirius and Andromeda, who were in charge the case, were tearing a new one in each and every lawyer Gilderoy Lockhart had. 

This had lead to the man being dragged through the mud by the papers and an icy and wholly unprofessional demeanor from the blonde towards Harry. 

"Er- you were telling us about the Vampire politics that you wrote about in Voyages with Vampires?" It was a sound guess from Harry's part, but he apparently didn't hit the mark, as Professor Lockhart frowned at him. 

"Wrong! I was talking about the Troll clan I once traveled with. We were having a discussion about their customs and culture, which you would know about if you had read my book, Travels with Trolls!" 

Harry rolled his eyes and looked back up at the clock. Lockhart sniffed disdainfully at him. 

"Detention with me tomorrow, Potter. Maybe you will learn some manners by then."