A Perfectly Normal Family

⚠️IMPORTANT QUESTION PLEASE ANSWER⚠️: so I don't know if I want to make Hermione actually evil or not, and I can change that in the next few chapters, so comment if you want a good or evil Hermione.

GOOD:

EVIL:

···

Am I proud of this chapter? no

Is this chapter absolute shit because I don't know what to write for it? yes

Am I a biased person and included my favorite holiday because we are so close to December? also yes

Anyways...... enjoyyyyyyyy and happy belated thanksgiving to those of you in the US and holiday season to everyone, whatever your religion is and what you chose to celebrate is :)

···

"Well then," Remus said, standing up and picking Harry up, "if that is all, headmaster, I think we should be on our way." He didn't leave the bearded man a choice as the three people walked up to the fireplace and flooed back home.

···

To say Remus, Sirius, and Harry, especially Harry, were surprised to receive a reply from the Dursleys would be an understatement. When Sirius had seen it while sorting through the muggle mail, he had quite literally started screaming. He then proceeded to prod it with his wand, trying to find if it was sent by Dumbledore or one of his people. When the tests came back negative, he shoved the letter in Remus' face, who reacted exactly like Sirius. Harry just stared at them confusedly until Remus dropped the envelope in front of him and he read who the sender was. Obviously, he didn't react outwardly, but if you really tried, you would be able to see the absolute astonishment in his eyes.

Remus had quickly written back, inviting them for tea on Sunday, which Petunia had politely accepted. It had shocked the family fore than they would like to admit, but if this meant that they would have a good relationship with people they would have to work with for the next sixteen years, it was worth it. Remus and Petunia continued to exchange letters, something the werewolf was quite happy about, and Remus had told them how excited Petunia seemed to be to meet Harry. It appeared that Petunia and her husband (later on) had been another set of people under Dumbledore's compulsions. Petunia had been immensely regretful of the way she had acted with her sister, especially now that she was dead, and she had told Remus that she hoped that this would somehow help her guilt fade away.

···

Sunday came around and found the three inhabitants of Grimmauld Place lounging in the casual lounge, politely thanking Kreacher for the marvelous biscuits he had just made them (he had taken a liking to Harry and had decided that 'little tiny master' should have only the best) and waiting for the clock to strike.

Just as the grandfather clock chimed twelve times, signaling it was noon, the doorbell rang. That was something that had apparently not changed about the Dursleys, Harry mused, they are never a minute late, nor a minute early

Sirius and Remus' eyebrows shot up as they looked over at the large clock. They had expected that the Dursleys be slightly late, as most were when invited over for casual tea, and not precisely on time, bu they didn't mind. Remus stopped Kreacher from opening the door, deciding that while they might not hate magic as they once did, they would be in for a nasty shock if the first thing they saw while being introduced to the Wizarding World was an ugly, bald cat-like being in a fancy looking uniform.

Remus greeted their guests warmly, making sure that they knew they were welcome, and dotted over Dudley, who had not yet become as fat as one would expect, seeing the size Harry had last seen him.