Summer Snippets

A/N: Hihi! I am still struggling to write, which is why this update is late, but I am starting to get back into the flow of things as I am starting second year! While summer would usually mean I get more time to write, I will be traveling (I'm already vaccinated and I do follow social distancing guidelines, quarantine rules, etc.) and I won't be able to take my laptop. I will try to write on my phone and upload but I wont have as much time. Thank you for understanding and HAGS! :D

(EDIT: I just realized there's a shit ton of mistakes on this so I'm editing that, in case you get a notif of this being re-uploaded.)

···

"Do you think he's cute?" Hermione asked, pointing at a teenage boy. Harry rolled his eyes and sucked on the straw in his mouth, the sweetness of his red slurpee filling his senses. Beside him, Hermione sipped on her blue one and gave him a pointed look, prompting him to answer.

"Hermione, just because I'm gay, doesn't mean I find every boy around my age attractive."

"But they do find you attractive," she laughed. "And that doesn't answer the question."

Harry shifted the shopping bags in his arms, distributing the weight. He and Hermione had gone out shopping, and Hermione had appointed him her personal bag carrier.

"Well..." He spared the muggle another glance. He was no Mortem, obviously, but Harry could deny that the boy was conventionally attractive.

He had a sense of classicality. The way he held himself, the swoop of his hair, his long legs, broad chest, and slightly defined arms that reminded Harry of Tom Riddle.

Hermione looked over at him with a smirk.

"I won't deny he's good looking, but he's definitely not my type." he admitted.

Hermione smiled victoriously.

"If you say so, now come on,  I wanted to look at some of the new clothes Gadzooks is putting out."

Harry groaned but threw away his slurpee in in favour of following the bushy haired girl. Despite how much Harry was pretending he hated this, he couldn't deny it was nice. In his first life, he hadn't really paid much attention to Hermione's likes other than knowledge - even though he was pretty sure her like for shopping was relatively new - and he never hung out with her alone outside of school too much. 

This summer, however, he had spent in both the wizarding and muggle world. Harry had spent the first three weeks of summer in different countries in Europe with his brothers and Luna, last week, Remus and Sirius had taken him to Magical Romania to see dragons, and yesterday, he and the Dursleys had gone to see a movie in the theater.

"When are you going to Spain?" Hermione asked as she browsed through some shirts.

"Next week, I think?"

Hermione hummed and moved on to the next rack.

"What about you?" Harry asked, shaking his head as Hermione held up a red skirt.

"I've met up with the girls last week at Pansy's manor." She informed him. Harry held back a smile as her cheeks dusted red and a shy smile made its way onto her face.

"Well that's nice." Harry commented. Hermione smiled at him and sorted through some shirts.

Hermione, Harry realized, had changed quite a lot over the summer. It wasn't just that she was taller, or tanner, or even the fact that her bushy hair seemed to be slowly forming into beautiful natural curls. She seemed more confident and self assured, as if something she had been greatly worried about had suddenly become clear.