Trying So Hard Not To Cry

(One Month Later)

"Goodbye Emmaline. I love you so freaking much. I'll call you every single day." Louis tells me as he hugs me one last time.

"I love you Lou. I'll be waiting for you." I whisper, trying not to cry.

"Em, I'll only be gone for four months."

"I know, but that's a long time." I begin to cry.

"Please don't cry Em. I'll come home, and we can finish planning our wedding, and then, we'll get married, and have kids, and be a family."

"Oh Louis. That was beautiful."

"I can't wait to have kids with you Emmaline."

Kids. This is something we've rarely talked about.

"You want kids?" I ask.

"Of course silly. If it was up to me, we would have one right now."

I chuckle nervously.

"Louis!" Zayn shouts, "Let's go!"

"Ok!" Louis yells back. "Anyway Em, I love you, but I have to go. I'll call you when I land."

"Alright Boo, I love you."

"And I love you."

Louis passionately kisses me before running to catch up with the rest of the guys.

I watch him board his plane and leave the airport.

When I get back to the apartment, I go lay down in bed. I've been feeling like crap lately.

As I lay there, I think about what Louis said. Kids. I don't even know if I want them.

I suddenly feel sick and rush into the bathroom. I bet I got that freaking stomach flu that's been going around.

Once I'm able to stand up, I go into the living room where Kay is seated.

"Emmaline, you look awful. Are you feeling alright?"

"No. I feel like crap. I just threw up. My feet and back hurt. What the hell is wrong with me?"

"Em, come with me." Kay says as she stands up and takes my hand.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"My bathroom."

"What for?"

"I think I know what's wrong."

We arrive in Kay's bathroom and she opens a drawer and takes out what looks like a pregnancy test.

"What do you have a pregnancy test for?" I ask.

"Well, since me and Harry, well you know."

"Kay! You and Harry did the nasty?" I shout.

"Well, you and Louis did."

"How do you know?"

"Because I think you're pregnant, plus, you guys aren't the quietest people ever."

"Oh my gosh!" I shout.

"Anyway, Em, please take the test."

"What for?"

"To see of you are pregnant or not."

"Whatever."

Kay leaves the room and I take the test and wait the required time before my alarm goes off. I look down at the stick in my hand.

"Kay? What does pink mean?" I shout.

Kay bursts through the door.

"Em! That means you're pregnant! You and Louis are having a baby!"

"Oh my god."

"What's wrong?" Kay asks.

"Louis just left for four months. I'm pregnant, and he doesn't even know."

"Em, he'll be home before you know it and you can surprise him. We'll plan something for you. Me and Madeline will help you through this until Louis gets home."

"Thanks Kay."

At this time, Madeline comes home.

"Where are you guys?" She shouts.

"We're in my bathroom!" Kay shouts back.

I hear Madeline come down the hall.

Moments later, she comes through the door.

"What's going on?" Madeline asks.

"Emmaline is pregnant!" Kay shouts.

Madeline looks at me.

"Really?"

"Yeah." I whisper.

"This is wonderful! Does Louis know yet?"

"No. And I don't want him to know because I don't want this baby."

"Em, please don't say that." Madeline says. "Louis would want this baby. After all, the two of you made it together."

I crack a small smile before standing up.

"Where are you going?" Kay asks.

"I'm going to go get some sleep. I'm tired." I say.

"Ok. Sleep well." Madeline says.

"Thanks." I say before leaving the room and going to my room. I close and lock the door.

Once I lay down in the bed, I begin to cry. What am I going to do? I'm all alone! Louis is gone for four months! How am I going to tell him? What are my parents going to say? What about the wedding?

Questions run through my mind as I struggle to fall asleep.

Even while I'm sleeping, I'm thinking the same things. It keeps repeating over and over, "I'm pregnant". "I'm pregnant and alone."