Out Of The Spotlight

It started like any other day. Me and Ashton woke up, kissed each other good morning as usual, and got ready to leave. I walked into the bathroom and got ready to go, Ash did the same.

"Ash." I said.

"Yes Emmaline."

"Does this outfit look alright?" I said as I stepped into the room for him to see.

"Emma dear, you always look amazing to me, no matter what you're wearing." He said as he ran his fingers through my hair.

I smiled and went to finish putting my makeup on. As I was applying my mascara, I heard behind me, "You don't need that." I turn around and Ash is right there smiling.

"Ash, but I do. I'm not pretty enough with out it."

"Em you're crazy. You'll always be beautiful to me." And then he placed a soft kiss on my lips. "Now come on, let's get going"

Together, Ash and I walked out of our shared apartment and out onto the streets of New York. People were taking pictures right and left of us. I held onto Ash's hand as if my life depended on it.

"Emmaline! You're so ugly! I don't know why Ashton is even with you. He must feel sorry for you I guess!" I heard a fan shout.

Normally, this would've bugged the heck out of me, but instead of taking it to heart, I turned around and saluted her with my middle finger. I look over at Ash, who is cracking up laughing.

"This is why I love you Emmaline Houston."

I blushed. He was too cute and too good of a boyfriend. Even though he was famous. I wasn't famous at all. I just came from one of the richest families in New York. But I was so thankful that we met.

We continued to walk down the street, until we came upon a crowd of fans.

"Ashton!" They all screamed.

"Hey Emma, is it ok if I go say hello to all of them?" He asked.

"Of course sweetie, its part of your job."

I let go of his hand and watched as he was attacked by screaming girls. I couldn't help but feel a little jealous. For a moment, those girls got to hold my world in their arms.

After many hugs, pictures, and autographs, Ashton returned to me.

"Hey Emma, is it ok if I stay here with the fans for a while?"

"Sure sweetie, I'm tired anyway. I'll just head back home"

"Ok babe. I love you."

"Love you too."

I left him there and walked back to the apartment. When I got home, I turned on the news to see the same street I was just walking with Ash. I saw him standing there with the crowd of screaming girls. I looked a little closer to see him making out with one of them! It was normal for him to get asked if he could be a girl's first kiss. But making out was off limits.

I grabbed my purse and ran back down there to see Ash still making out with this girl, who happened to be the same girl I saluted earlier that day.

"Ash! What the heck are you doing?" I screamed.

Ashton just turned around and looked at me.

"Ashton Irwin answer me right now."

Ashton turned around to face me.

"Emmaline, there's something I've been needing to tell you."

"And what would that be?" I ask.

"I've fallen out of love with you. I've been pretending this whole time. I just want to be friends. We are two completely different people. We just need to see other people."

I stood there, frozen. My world just fell apart. I did the only thing I could do. I saluted everyone around me, and turned around and left.

I walked back to the apartment, packed all of my stuff, and left. I packed everything in my car and drove to my sister Madeline's apartment.

"That's it," I said to myself, "I'm so done with famous people. I'm going to try to find a nice boy from around here. I don't need Ashton or any other famous guy. All they do is cause trouble."

As I drove along, I never once felt so relieved. I was finally out of the spotlight.