Riding Solo....Or At Least I Thought So

After spending three days in bed, Madeline insisted we call up our cousin Kay and all go out together. I agreed and got up to get ready. I picked out a Vans Off The Wall tee shirt, black skinny jeans, and a pair of black Vans. After I did my hair and applyed my makeup, I was ready to go.

Me and Madeline climbed into my car and left to go pick up my cousin Kay.

"Hey ladies!" Kay said.

"Hey!" Me and Mad both responded.

"Where shall we go?"

"How about we head to the mall?"

"That sounds great."

I turned toward the mall and away we went.

On the way, the three of us jammed to the radio.

"Oh I love this song!" Kay squealed as she cranked up the radio. "And I love the guys that sing this!"

I knew the song, I've heard it before. 'Story Of My Life' by One Direction. All three of us girls loved them. I actually met Niall before since him and Ash are super close. I've never met the other four though.

We all sang along to the song. And even danced a little. Until we came across the mall. I parked the car and we all got out.

When we got to the front door, we all walked in and headed to the Vans store. It was on of my favorite stores. Vans were the only shoes I wore. I had a pair in every color.

We all walk in and head our separate ways in the store. Kay started looking at some purple glitter Vans, and Madeline started looking at hot pink Vans. I look through the shoes. I already had every pair. So I headed over to the shirts and accessories.

Once I got over there, I found a shirt that I liked a lot. I reached up for it, but couldn't get it. I'm only 5'3, so no surprise there.

I continued to reach for it, but I still couldn't get it.

"Whatever." I grumbled to myself.

"Do you need help?" I hear coming from behind me.

I turn around and see Louis Tomlinson's blue eyes looking into mine. I knew exactly who he was. He was my favorite from One Direction and he was right here.

"Um yeah." Was all that came out.

He reached up, and grabbed the shirt and handed it to me.

"Have we met before?" He asked me.

"No, but I was dating Ashton Irwin."

"What do you mean you were dating him? Did you guys break up?"

"Yeah. It was bad. But I'm over him now. Are you and Eleanor still together?"

"Oh no. She said she needed space."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"Don't be love. What's done is done."

"At least you're doing alright."

"Yeah. Um, anyway I didn't catch your name sweetheart."

"Oh, I'm Emmaline Houston."

"That's right. I knew that. Niall has talked about you before, you know when you and Ash were together."

"Yeah."

"Anyway Emmaline, would you like to go out to dinner sometime? I'd love to take you out."

"Really? And yes, I'd like that."

"Perfect then its a date."

"Yes it is. Here's my number." I put my number in his phone.

"Well Em, goodbye for now." Louis then kissed my hand. "It was enchanting to meet you." He then turned around, and walked away, smiling.

I walk over to Kay and Mad to tell them about it. We all discuss it as we walk out of the store.

"Wow Em," Kay began, "I guess you won't be riding solo anymore."

"I guess not."

I feel my phone vibrate. And I look down to see a text from Louis.
Hey love its Louis, text me when you get this. :)

I smiled to myself. And I texted him back.
Hey Louis! Its Emmaline. Just let me know what time we are planning to go out. :)

This whole, I thought I'd be riding solo, guess I was wrong. Very wrong.