Playing Match-Maker

(The Next Day)
"This is lovely!" Perrie exclaims as me and Louis lead everyone into our new home.
"Thank you!" I say as I begin to show everyone around before the boxes are brought in.
Once the tour is over and the movers have brought in everything, we all get to work.
The boys do all the lifting. There's not much to move. Me and Louis haven't gone shopping for house decor yet. I guess that's the plan for tomorrow.
Together, me, Kay, Madeline, Perrie, and Ashley get my clothes organized in my closet.
After that, we head across the hall to what will be Oakleigh's room and organize the things we already have bought for her.
I open the door to Oakleigh's room, expecting to find it empty. But when I open the door, there's a beautiful white crib all put together against the wall.
"Awe! You guys bought her a crib!" Madeline exclaims.
"No, we didn't." I say.
The other four girls look at me, confused.
"There's a note on the crib." Kay says pointing.
I walk over and open the note.
Em, I figured this would be a way to pay you and Louis back for all the trouble I've caused. -Ash
"Ashton sent the crib. I'll have to tell Louis. And it's the one I wanted too." I say smiling.
I leave the other girls to put the stuff away while I go find Louis. I find him in our bedroom hanging up his clothes.
"Hey Lou, you've got to come see this."
"What is it love?"
"Just follow me."
I lead him into Oakleigh's room.
"See! A crib!"
Louis smiles.
"What? Aren't you surprised?"
"Not at all. Ash called me up and wanted to get something for Oakleigh to show how sorry he was for causing us trouble. I asked him what he had in mind and he said the crib. So, I told him which one you wanted. And he bought it for us." Louis explains.
"I'll have to call him and thank him."
"Of course love. Anyway, can you explain something to me?"
"Sure Lou. What do you need me to explain?"
"Why is Madeline's friend Ashley here?"
"I thought I'd play match-maker for her and Liam." I say.
"Oh. Are you sure that's a good idea?"
"Why wouldn't it be?"
"Because Liam just broke up with Sophia."
"Yeah, but he needs to meet someone new."
"Not at this time."
"Louis, I'm going to play match-maker whether you like it or not."
"Alright."
Later, after what things me and Louis have are put away, we all leave to go eat.
Me, Louis, Madeline, Niall, Kay, and Harry pile into the SUV. Liam rides with Zayn and Perrie. I notice Ashley will not fit into the SUV with us, just as planned.
"Hey Zayn," I say, "Can Ashley ride with you guys. We don't have room in the SUV."
"Sure thing Em. Hop in Ashley. There's an open seat next to Liam."
"Sure love," Liam says patting the seat next to him, "Come sit right here."
Perfect. I think to myself.
(Liam's P.O.V.)
"So Ashley, how long have you known Madeline?" I ask.
"We went to school together."
"How long have you guys been friends?"
"As long as I can remember." Ashley laughs.
I laugh too. But, I can't stop staring at her. Something about her feels right. I shouldn't come on to her though, I just met her, plus I'm getting over a break up.
Me and Ashley continue to talk and find our we have many things in common. A trait I never shared with Sophia. We were too different.
When we arrive at restaurant, I help Ashley out of the car and lead her inside.
We meet up with the others and take a seat at the large table. I sit by Ashley so she doesn't feel out of place. Plus, who wouldn't want to sit next to someone so gorgeous?
We all order our food, and everyone bursts out in conversations.
I continue to talk with Ashley. We tell stories of our childhood and laugh about everything. She's too beautiful and her laugh is unforgettable.
(Emmaline's P.O.V.)
I look up from the end of the table that I'm seated at and see Liam and Ashley cracking up laughing. They both look so happy.
I nudge Louis' arm.
"What?" He asks.
I guster toward Liam and Ashley.
"See, told you I could play match-maker."
Louis just rolls is eyes.
"I guess you were right Em."
"Lou honey, I'm always right."
Louis once again, rolls his eyes and smiles at me.