Darlin'

The sweet as sugar voice across the town.

The cluttering of horse shoes on the dirt.

The flutterin' of Blue cotton in the wind.

The whine of Violin strings.

The snap of bow strings.

Her little songs sung in the darkness.

The smell of her desert flowers in the garden. 

The smell of sage and other herbs.

The smell Her Quail roast.

She'd shoot it in the mornin', have it plucked and cleaned before I went to work, it would roast all day and be just finished when I got home. 

Her knitting needles set on every surface.

Her ribbons tied around things she would use often.

I can recall, the first moment I saw her.

She was the sweetest thing I had ever known. 

She was dancin', not old enough to go in the La Belle bar, so she stood out in the dirt of the road, dancing to the music ya could hear blaring from within. Her black riding boots against the dust, stockings full of holes, her little blue cotton dress dirty around the edge, her white slightly greyed apron with two pockets either side of her skirt. she had sewn daises on the pockets, and ivy leaves across the top and skirt, A Large Bow tied her apron at the back. she had her sweet almost Y/h/c hair in curls that bounced on her shoulders as she danced, she had ribbons in her hair, bright white ribbons that kept her curls somewhat controlled a bow at the back of her head like her apron strings. 

And I remember thinkin', That she was the most beautiful girl in the world. 

After many weeks of nervousness and a little poking from Mary Agnes, I finally spoke to her and the moment I did... I loved her.

"Hello" she smiled

"Hi, uhhh I umm hi" I blushed

Her name was y/n.

only Two years younger then me, but you'd never tell.

she was mature for her age, more so when I was.

She was the sweetest little thing I had ever met.

She wouldn't hurt a fly and even if she did she would make sure they wouldn't suffer.

We would go on little dates after I was done in the office, walking around town.

We would go for picnics on the hill.

We would go riding down to the river together.

We'd race our horses across the open desert.

I would take her down to the river and teach her trick shots with my guns, and she'd show me tricks with her bow and arrows.

We would sometimes kiss cuddled up in the hay of the stables.

"Ummmmm uummmmmm" I groaned slightly my arms around her waist as we laid in the stables sat up on a huge pile of hay, her arms around my neck as we kissed I pulled her closer and closer as we kissed the two of us at times literally having a roll in the hay

"whitey!" she gasped "what are you doing with your hands up my dress?" she argued noticing my hands half way up her skirt 

"Uhhhh.... fixing your stockings" I lied 

"Course you where" she giggled pulling me back to kissing her.

I loved her, more then words could explain.