Visitor

I sat in the office as the sun began to set on the horizon, Bill was of god knows where as usual, most of the town ladies heading to bed or the bar for a nightcap. I sat with my boots on the dusty wooden floor, slightly moving on the chair behind the sheriff's desk. My magazine in hand as I read, and a loose bullet in my hand rolling it between my fingers. I heard footsteps approach the office and I perked up as the door opened. 

I looked over to the door and I couldn't hold back my smile as Y/n my sweet wife came in wearing her boots, her long brown skirt, her white blouse, and her hair pulled back into a bun. On her hip, Baby Winston our adorable son wearing his little trousers and tiny suspenders with his messy mop of blonde hair much like my own. 

"You have a visitor," she giggled, "Somebody wanted to come to see Daddy before bedtime," She smiled bouncing him on her hip, 

I got up putting my magazine and the little bullet down, "Well I can't say no to my little man," I chuckled coming around and taking Winston from her giving him a cuddle and a kiss as I sat him on the desk giving him a trickle, he laughed and squirmed, 

"You know what he's like he will not even consider getting ready for bed until he comes to say goodnight," She laughed, 

I chuckled, "Well by all means my little boy's got to come to say goodnight, daddy has to say goodnight to little Winston here," I smiled, "You alright?"

"Tired, he's been chasing the chickens around the yard again,"

"Silly boy," I chuckled, 

"A very silly boy, sometimes I am convinced he's going to grow up just like his father,"

"Ooooh? future lil deputy Winston Winn,"

"We can only hope,"

"I'm sure of it, but ya need to get yourself to bed little man you've been runnin' you're mommy ragged," I explained, "Go on then get your little butt to bed Winston," I told him,

"He needs a good sleep I think," she said, "He'll be up at midnight for a feeding anyway,"

"I'll feed him if ya want I'll be home around then?"

 "Out of formula,"

"Ahhh... then no I can't." I chuckled, "Sorry little man, but daddy can't feed ya tonight, daddy lacks mommies equipment," I smiled, "How about once little Winstons gone to bed ya think maybe... mommy could come and spend some time with daddy as he's been locked up in the office all day?"

"Once he's been put to sleep," she smiled,

"Yes!" I smiled, 

"Alright come on then little man," she smiled, "Say bye-bye,"

"Aww Bye bye Winston, sleep tight little man," I smiled giving him a few kisses before I handed him back to Y/n, 

"Say bye bye daddy," She smiled and he waved his little chubby hand to me, "Night night,"

"night night Winston," I smiled waving back to him,

"I'll put him to bed and come back once he's settled," she smiled,

"I look forward to it," We shared a quick kiss on the lips and she headed off out with Winston him waving as he left so I waved back and happily leaned on the desk to wait for her to come back for a cuddle.