Oh F-oxes P1

I sat in the office, I was leant back in my chair, as I read my latest Nickel Library comic. While I minded the office as Bill was away doing, well I don't know really whatever it is he's up to. I heard the door open so I glanced up and saw y/n.

"Aww Hiya Miss Y/l/n, What a nice surprise," I smiled as I set my comic down and turned to sit a little better on my chair

"Hi Mr Winn" She smiled, as she came through wearing her usual black and white vertical striped dress with black frills and lace, her hair braided and pinned up with her bonnet style hat tied under her chin, a little wicker basket in her arms and following along behind her the little grey fox with well fluffed and trimmed fur and little sharp blue eyes. I saw Y/n often as she lived in a little house with a wrap-around porch close to the old mine, She'd been In Labelle as long as I could remember, having moved here to live with her great uncle but he passed away in The Accident.

We certainly enjoyed each other's company being the only two around a similar age and we had been courting for a few months now even if I would have courted and married her years ago if she wasn't so damn stubborn. And Of course, I knew little Fleur.

Y/n had gone for a ride out in the woods one afternoon and found a young abandoned Grey Fox cub barely through its blind and deaf stage, she helped it of course and did try many times to find its family but never did and the two were now so bonded Fleur honestly thought of y/n as her mother, followed her everywhere and took great care to protect her.

"What brings ya to see me today then? Or am I just lucky?" I asked as I leaned on the desk.

"I figured I'd bring my favourite deputy a little treat," She smiled as she pulled back the gingham cloth to reveal a still-steaming one of her apple and peach lattice pies which she pulled out and set on the desk "As you've been working so hard with Bill gone,"

"Really?!" I asked excitedly,

"Of course," She smiled as she handed over a clean fork,

"Do ya have a plate?" I asked as I happily took the pie and fork,

"Do you need one whitey?" She giggled

"Ya know me well darlin'" I smirked as I eagerly had a taste "Ummm Delicious Darlin' thank you very much"

"You're welcome" she smiled as Fleur came up and perched on my desk watching me with her strong eyes, "So Whitey I was wondering?" She smiled

Ah, I knew she wanted something.

"What is it?"

"I need to pop out of town for a little while,"

"Oh? Where ya goin'?"

"Just on a little trip to visit family, I'll only be gone a month or so,"

"Okay,"

"And I was wondering if you'd mind looking after my house while I'm gone,"

"Ohh course no problem, I'm more than happy to pop in, collect your mail, water your plants and such" I explained,

"Thank you," she smiled "And also could you take care of Fleur for me."

I met eyes with Fleur and she seemed as unhappy with the concept as I was,

"Uhhh? Ya sure about that?" I asked looking at her,

"Well, I don't really have much of a choice. I can't take her on the train with me and Everyone else in town is scared of her, Please Whitey."

"I'm not sure y/n, I have no experience with animals and I don't really think Fleur likes me very much," I explained as I got up and leaned on my desk,

"She likes you, Enough." She said, "Please Whitey, all you'd need to do is feed her once in the morning and once at night, check her water bowl and give her a brush once a week that's all."

"I don't know y/n..."

"Please Whitey," She pleads stroked her hand across my hair then down my cheek, across my jaw, down my chest rubbed on my chest with both her hands as she moved close to press her body against me.

God damn girl she knows how to manipulate me!

That's the thing when you're courting a girl this smart, she figures out quickly how to manipulate ya!

She has been denying me since we started courting, never letting me get any further than just some kisses, so she goddamn knew! all she had to do was hint and snuggle and I'd be putty in her hands.

"Alright,"

"Yay! Thank you whitey!" she smiled as she pulled me into a hug so I quickly hugged her back

"On one condition," I warn her,

"Ohh?" She asked,

"I will look after ya house and Fleur. If when ya get back, you come and stay over at my place a couple nights?"

"Just stay over?"

"Well See."

"We have a deal, Mr Winn," She smiled as she pulled me into an intense kiss, I happily kissed her back stroking her waist through her dress till she pulled back "Come up to the house later and I'll walk you through everything,"

"Will I get a deposit payment before ya go?"

"Well see." She smiled as she tapped my nose "Come On Fleur" She smiled and Fleur happily jumped off the desk fluffing her trail and she followed y/n out of the office.