He Worries

I tried to hide my smile, trying to hide just how happy I was. I walked though the dirt and desert sand beside the wood and wire fence posts of her arm's outer fields we couldn't go any further or any closer we just had to wonder the outer fields which honestly I didn't mind, so long as I got to see her. In her little white and brown dress with her apron tied around her waist , a few little things in her pockets, her dress sat perfectly in a line across her chest and arms her hair in the beautiful up do she always put it in, we walked together hand in hand my fingers intertwined with hers as we walked and chatted about everything since I had last seen her. But we had to be very secretive, who knows what would happen if her father caught us together. 

"He talks about you" she giggles

"Does he now? what sort of things does he say?"

"That damn townie. sniffing around my bloody daughter" she laughs mimicking how he talks 

"I Object to the term sniffin' around" I laughed

"Well it's what he thinks your doing"

"I'm not snifflin' around his daughter, I care about his daughter very much. If he didn't get so mad about it maybe I wouldn't have to be so sneaky" I told her giving her cheek a kiss  

"Ummm," she nods "whenever I go out he always asks if it's something to do with you"

"He's very paranoid isn't he?"

"He has every right to be whitey, I am his only little girl"

"But ya not a little girl y/n"

"I know, but he still see's me as his little baby girl"

"What is he so worried about? what does he really think I'm gonna do to ya?"

"You know full well what he thinks you want to do with me whitey" she giggled

"Ohh? and what would that be?"

"He thinks you only want one thing"

"I know he does darlin', but I've offered to prove more so to him"

"I know you have Whitey, he just worries"

"It's alright, soon I'll have the money and I'll be able to ask him"

"He won't like it"

"He won't like anythin' I do but I have to try don't I darlin'?"

"You do" she smiled giving my cheek a kiss 

"I'm sure he'll let me when I ask"

"I hope so"

"Then we can head to Labelle and get married"

"That will be nice, I'll be a deputy's wifey" she giggled

"Yes you will, and then we can get all cosy in our little Labelle house and get married, and raise our little family" I told her wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her close to my chest 

"I'd like that" she smiled nuzzling into my chest "Soon I hope?"

"Soon I promise my darlin'" I told her giving her lips a sweet kiss, she happily kissed back holding me as close as I was holding her 

"Y/N!" I heard the familiar voice yell making us both quickly pull away but In panic I held her tighter as I saw her father on his usual horse with his hat and cigar "I thought you where going to clean out the rabbits?"

"I uhh I was daddy" she says 

"Mr Winn, Step away from my daughter Or I'll blow you cock off" He warned pointing his rifle at me 

"Yes sir" I sighed moving away from her 

"I'm gonna give you about five minuets to get your skinny ass off my property Or I'll let the dogs have you for there dinner" He says as he got down from his horse pulling y/n away from me by her wrist "You get back up to the house, I'll deal with you later" He told her so she nodded and began walking back to the house "I warned you to stay the hell away from my daughter"

"I know, But I just want to see her"

"see her? then pray tell what where you doing shoving your tounge down my daughters throat?" 

"I know it looks bad sir" I told him "But... we only meet in secret because she doesn't want to worry ya, it was just goin' to be until we got everythin' ready"

"Ready for what?"

"Ready for... me askin' for her hand"

"You- You wanna marry her?"

"If you'll let me"

"you get back to Labelle, I'll think about it" He says 

"Yes sir"  I nodded and headed back to where I left my horse.