The Winn Farm P3

Whitey stood cigarette hanging from his lips as he worked putting up beams and other wood structures on the edge of the farm building the new house he and y/n had always spoke off even if they owned the farm almost six years now and whitey was finally actually doing something about it. When he saw a familiar horse on the road making him roll his eyes a little as he came through

"Afternoon sheriff"

"Afternoon." He says climbed down and coming over

"Smoke?"

"No thanks"

"You mind?"

"No no go on"

He nodded and carried on with his work

"Where's the wife?"

"In bed" whitey chuckled

"At three in the afternoon?"

"Yeah. She's sleepy" he shrugs

"Had a rough night I heard"

"Yeah." Whitey said sharply "dicks being dicks. She got a bit upset but she's okay"

"You cheer her up?"

"Yeah, brought the leftovers home for her so she could enjoy at home and I got her an extra little something"

"Which was?"

"A bunny, a little plush for her to cuddle on bed when she can't cuddle her real buns"

"Her tiredness wouldn't have anything to do with anyone else?"

"Well if you must know I made her a little tried out when I got up this morning" he smirked "she was being my pretty little cowgirl" he winked

"I don't know how you do it"

"What do you mean?"

"Six years married and still you two go at it like a pair of your own rabbits"

"A side affect of being deeply in love" he smiled "that and... yesterday I may have made a mistake"

"What kind of mistake whitey?"

"As it was her birthday and... she was just so happy-"

"What kind of mistake?"

"I forgot to give her, her medication okay" he sighed

"For god sake man! Your under court order to give her those pills-"

"I forgot alright! I got one day it's fine she had it this morning."

"Need I remind you what will happen if she has another... accident"

"No. You don't. I know what would happen but it was one day. And you should have seen her. Her smile. I haven't see her smile like that in years. And nothing bad happen the world didn't end. Maybe... she doesn't need her medication anymore"

"That's not for you to decide whitey"

"But she's better -"

"There is no cure for that girl! If your really sure I'll have a word with the doctor in town take her in for a medication update"

"You know I won't take her to him."

"Then do as you're told. You have to give her the pills. Whitey. I know it hurts but you have to. You know she won't survive in there"

"Alright. Fine. What did you come up here for anyway?"

"The next town over. Had an incident. Girl. Young. Pretty. I take it your innocent"

"Of course"

"Nothing to do with the fact you were both at the restaurant that night. As confirmed by the two friends of the victim"

"We went out for her birthday dinner she got upset I got her a plushie and we headed home. Stopped off of course on the way as always but I swear it had nothing to do with us"

"Alright. Thanks, whitey"

"No problem."

"Whitey!" Called out from across the farm as y/n poked her head out the door "Tea" 

"That's my call sherrif. you can let yourself out"