Wrapped Around My Little Finger

I sat at my vanity fixing my hair looping it around to make my little plait, gently humming my little tune to myself. I was a pretty lucky girl. Living in Labelle had its perks for any lady as the unspoken laws often enforced by men were nowhere to be found. Women worked, hunted, and wore what they wanted. It was a sweet haven without much male oversight. But for myself I was extra Lucky as LaBelle had almost no rules for myself.

Why?

Simple.

I had the deputy wrapped around my little finger.

Whitey Winn, our town deputy. Had a crush on me. Honestly, I'd have to be blind deaf and stupid to have not picked up on it.

The day I pulled my little cart into LaBelle I met him or well unofficially met him.

I pulled my cart into the town centre meeting with the lady I had written to about moving there. We had a nice conversation about things and out the corner of my eye was a sight indeed.

On the wooden porch stood a tall cowboy or well a boy attempting to be a cowboy, hat perched on his head arm against the wooden column keeping the roof up staring at me with his mouth open.

I was a little confused but gave him a little wave, which he absentmindedly waved back too

"Oh for - Whitey! Don't stand there with your mouth open you'll catch flies! Get back to work!" She yelled to him which made him nervously bolt inside the office.

And ever since it was very obvious that whitey had a crush on me, honestly I did like him too he could be an utter dunderhead but he could be really sweet too. Didn't mean I wasn't going to use this to my advantage.

Especially given the sheriff bill leaving the town for long periods of time leaving whitey in charge with Maggie to supervise him.

It basically meant I had free reign of LaBelle and could get away with anything I wanted.

I finished with my hair and took my lipstick filling my lips perfectly making sure to add two little Dots just below my cheekbones on each side to buff out into a sweet little blush. Once done I slipped on my dress making sure to tighten it a little extra and I headed out into LaBelle through the dust and dirt past the other ladies of town till I arrived at the sheriffs office where whitey sat in the porch chair asleep his hat over his face to protect his eyes from the sun. I giggled and snuck up onto the porch to stand In Front of him watching his shirt and jumper move slowly as he took each breath still unaware I was even here.

"Whitey" I cooed

And instantly you'd think someone yelled bloody murder he perked up his whole body going tense jumping from his seat which immediately made his hat fall off his face and he tried to gracefully catch it but ended up basically juggling it before letting it fall to the now empty chair behind him

"Y/n" he says resting his hands on his hips just above his gunbelts

"Hi whitey" I cooed as sweetly as I could slightly leaning closer to him

"What uhh what's the matter?" He asks trying desperately not to look at my dress even if I did catch him twice in that one sentence

"Well, nothing. Does a girl need something to be the matter to have an excuse to come see her favourite deputy" I smiled resting my hand at first on his lower chest just where the buttons of his jumper ended slowly taking finger steps up the line of buttons stopping where they were unbuttoned

"No uh course not y/n. Ya know ya welcome to come see me whenever"

"I am?"

"Course"

"Good, I just wanted to pop by I was feeling awfully lonesome" I pouted slightly straightening his deputy badge

He gulped "yeah?"

"Ummm humm" I nodded "I was thinking I could maybe go for a ride"

"Uuuhh a ride?"

"Umm up to the river"

Unfortunately, he snapped out of it

"Y/n. Ya know I can't let ya go out ridin' by yourself" he says

"I didn't say I'd be all by myself. I figured my big strong deputy boy would come and look after me"

"You uhhh think so?"

"Uumm humm"

"Okay" he blushed So I took his hand and tugged him with me to the stables.