The Child

I sat at my desk in the office playing with the little bullet in my hand as I flipped through my little magazine, I heard the door open and close so I glanced up seeing maggie standing there heading inside and sitting with her hat on the hook

"Hiya maggie" I smiled

"Hiya whitey" she smiled

"where's bill at?"

"you know same as I do" she shrugs "How you doing whitey?"

"Tired" I answered setting my magazine down

"so I heard" she laughs sitting down across from me "How's it going?"

"Well I'm having fun" I shrug

"I'm sure you are" she laughs "Any news?"

"Not yet, But I'm sure there will be soon," I told her

"You excited?"

"More than anything" I smiled "I never thought I wanted to be a dad. Now I can't wait to get her pregnant"

"Something to do with the process no doubt" she smirked

"It helps"

"Any ideas on names yet?"

"she likes Lilly for a girl."

"Lilly?"

"she likes flower names. every name she's come up with for a girl is damn flower. Lilly. rose. dasiy. juniper"

"I like juniper"

"Yeah I do too"

"for a boy?"

"whitey jr."

"Really?"

"Of course" I laughed and as I did the door opened and I saw my beautiful wife y/n poking her head in the door
"Whitey"
"Yes darling?"
"It's time"
"Ohh already?" I smirked as she ran off home so I grabbed my jacket "do excuse me Maggie." I smirked happily running off after her to our little house.
I smiled so warm and cosy cuddled up in my bed with y/n still a little exhausted, the moment I saw y/n I knew I loved her more then anything, when her and her fathers cart came into town looking for a fresh place to live and it didn't take long for the two of us to be courting, and even married within the year, Maggie and bill thought if lost my mind doing things so fast but I'd never met anyone like her and I love her so very much. I knew even before we were married how much she wanted to be a mummy I had never much thought about being a dad then again I never much thought about getting married till I met her. And after a few months of being married I couldn't help thinking of the life we could have, of coming home from the office to my beautiful wife and children so I didn't need much in the way of convincing. That and I'll be completely honest any excuse to get to make love to her more often I was taking. But we started trying for a baby in December. It's now August. And still nothing. Not as much as a missed period. I tried not to let her know my worries about it but I was starting to get very concerned.
We had tried everything.
Every position possible.
Every order and arrangement.
Every book we could read about we had read, twice!
Every weird little thing the ladies of town had suggested to us.
And I mean everything.
And still nothing had worked.
I mean I was still happy to try but I know every month when that trail of blood flowed down her confirming again she wasn't pregnant it broke her sweet little heart.
I didn't know what else to do!
I know she desperately wants a baby and I do too, but more then that I just wanna see her happy. Whatever it takes.

I hurried home excitedly for our usual session but as soon as I did I hear her little tears
"Y/n? What's the matter my darling?" I cooed going over to her where she laid in our bed crying
She didn't even speak she simply moved my hand to her stomach for a moment I was overjoyed but her tears, and I noticed the pool of blood on our sheets. I gave her a sweet kiss and tucked her in cuddling her close "it's okay. We'll try again when you feel better."
"What if we cant have a baby whitey?"
'no. No. No. Don't talk like that. It'll all be okay. I promise"