ONE

Graduation day2 years ago

Graduation day
2 years ago

Panic, worry, anxiety. I leave University today, finally graduating. I've spent four long years studying for my business degree. I worked my ass off for this.

Stood in my dorm room, the last day of staying in this small room that i've called home. I will miss living here, but I am moving on to bigger and better things.

Checking myself over again for the millionth time to make sure I look somewhat presentable for my big speech, I got top of my class so they wanted me to talk to the graduating class.

A knock on my door pulls me out of my daze about the way I look. Hopefully this is Z. Opening the door and all I can see is a big bouquet of flowers. This is not Z.

"Baby, congratulations." My boyfriend, how nice of him to actually turn up for once.

"Chris, what are you doing here. I didn't think you could make it." I think his words were "me and the lads are having a poker day sorry" Boyfriend of the year if you ask me.

We've been together since my second year of university. It's nearly our three year anniversary, I'm more shocked that I never ran him off.

"The boys cancelled last minute, so here I am." He means well, I think we've gotten comfortable with each other, we aren't exactly in love well I don't think I love him.

I like him, he means a lot to me but sometimes I feel as if I'm in this relationship alone as he goes off partying.

We seem to be arguing constantly, well he likes to shout at me and call me all the names under the sun, apparently I'm too career driven. I never have time for him, I always make time for him.

I've just been trying to get this degree and save at the same time, it's hard to do this workload, work and have a social life.

"How nice of you." I'm annoyed that he didn't want to come to his girlfriend's graduation but whatever.

"Don't be a snarky bitch today Loo." Snarky, I'll show him fucking snarky.

"You know I hate that nickname, and I'm not being snarky. I would have appreciated you choosing me over the lads poker though." It's true, he's been distant lately.

"Why do you do this, play this little act, cut the shit no ones around." What is his problem today?

"What are you talking about, all I said was I'd rather you pick me over your boys' ' sorry if that's such a hard task for you.

"Luna, I rarely see my pals. You're the one who never wants to be social. Would it kill you to make some effort and come to one party" is he being serious right now.

"The last time I went to one of these so called parties one of your supposed pals tried to cop a feel under my dress and you just laughed it off." He was a right douche bag.