Chapter 21

Ethan's POV

I stood up when I saw Av's brother walking towards me.

"I ordered you coffee. Do you want anything else?" I asked him. He silently shook his head and sit.

I winced when I sensed how much he disliked my presence. It's annoying. He's the one who invited me for a cup of coffee.

"Let's get to the point," He uttered.

I just nodded and sip my coffee.

"Hindi kita gusto para sa kapatid ko. "

I wasn't surprised at all. I expected this from him. From the Zaldivars.

Hindi ako sumagot at hinintay pa ang mga susunod niyang sasabihin.

"Your family ruined ours. Tapos gagawin mong girlfriend ang kapatid ko? Are you crazy?" His tone was touched with displease.

I suppressed a smirk.

They both nag when they couldn't get what they want, huh?

"If you're telling me to break up with her. I won't. "

"But-"

"Kung gusto n'yo kaming maghiwalay. Siya ang kailangang makipaghiwalay. "

"She's too immature! Hindi ka niya hihiwalayan!"

"Then, I won't. I won't break her heart for something that isn't my fault. "

"Not your fault? It's your Mom-"

"And I am not my Mom. "

"You're unbelievable!"

"I'm with you. You don't have to take Av away from me. I'll ask my mother to stop. "

"Take Av away from you? She's not yours!"

I didn't answer.

He muffled an inaudible cuss.

"Don't tell her about this. "

"What?"

"Don't tell her our parents' problem. And don't even mention this meeting! "

"Why won't I tell her this?"

"She's not ready for anything! Leave this to us! We are the family! You're not!"

"She didn't know any of this?"

"Tingin mo kung alam niya gugustuhin niyang maging boyfriend ka?"

Hindi ako sumagot.

"Do really you think she'd want someone who ruined her family?" He glared at me, I withdrew immediately.

It's already three in the morning and I couldn't fucking sleep.

Talaga bang dadalhin ko siya rito sa bahay? Wouldn't that be chaotic both for her and my family?

My Mom knows who she is.

For fuck's sake! She's the daughter of the Governor! The daughter of her fucking lover.

I shut my eyes.

What are you doing, Ethan?

Do I really like her? Or do I just want to piss my Mom off?

Am I using her?

Fuck!

Morning came and Av was thrilled about meeting my parents. She sent me a couple of messages about what should she be wearing and what gift my Mom would like.

I didn't know what to reply so I didn't send one.

I went to school and tried hard to avoid her presence until I saw her with another guy. They're in the library.