Chapter 22

Ethan's POV

"Av, " I bit my lower lip as I answered her call.

"Ang Daddy mo ang bumaril kay Daddy, " She asserted without any hesitations.

The tone of her voice was firm and conferred no signs of equivocations. It was clear as if she is relentlessly inexorable.

I wasn't able to respond.

"I saw him. Binaril niya si Daddy, Ethan. Sabi ng mga pulis, wala raw kaming sapat na mga evidence! Ang CCTV's namin, sira raw ng gabing 'yon! Sigurado akong Daddy mo ang nakita ko, Ethan. Help me, please. Make him confess!" I heard her sobbed.

"I saw him. I saw him shoot my Dad, Ethan! I saw your Dad. Believe me! I saw him!"

My hands got cold. I felt sick.

I tried to compose myself and spoke.

"I will talk to him-"

"Make him confess, please! You don't just talk to him! Make him confess, Ethan!" She cried, despairingly begging for my help.

"Av, let's both calm down. Where are you? Pupuntahan-"

"I don't need you here! Just please make your Dad confess his crime. Please, Ethan. I am begging you. Please!"

"I need to see you-"

"I am not sure kung kaya kong makita ka! Just make your Dad confess! That's all I need from you right now!"

"Av-" I wanted to talk her down, but she didn't give me a chance to. She again cut me off. 

"I need your Dad to confess his crime, Ethan! " She adamantly said, "That's what I need. Hindi kita kailangan ngayon, " I had not yet answered when she suddenly turned off the call. 

"Sir, tawag po kayo ng Daddy n'yo, " One of our maids told me. I didn't move. 

My bloodshot eyes silently watched the casket in front of me as the visitors walk towards it.

I couldn't move. It all happened swiftly as if nothing of it was real, at all. I stayed still for a few minutes.

Everything around me was moving too fast. I just wanna go back.

 "My girlfriend called. "

"Ethan you stop-"

"She saw you. "

"What?"

"She fucking saw you!" I uttered in a sharp piercing cry.

"Ethan!" 

"You killed his father!"

In a sudden move, he struck me as if he's trying to shut me off, yet It felt nothing. I was numb.

"You have no idea what you're talking about! I am innocent-"

Fuck your innocence!

"Dad, just stop lying. Even Mom knew, " My system was quickly filled with rage. 

My Mom took her life because of what he did. 

"Admit it. You killed the Governor, " I faked a grin, "Someone saw you. "

He stooped down and furiously punched me. Blood comes gushing through my mouth. He didn't stop and took another swing. I felt nauseated. I heard something break. It was a quick short crack followed by his smile. It horrified me.

The pain slowly traveled throughout my body. I felt detached. My head thumped.

"Tell your girlfriend to shut her mouth. I didn't do it, " The last thing I heard before I lost my consciousness.

"Sir. "

I was doing a review of cases assigned to me when my assistant called. 

It's already nine o clock in the morning and all I did was regulate the appropriate bail for my case management practice. Bail and plea hearings are also scheduled in a little while, but I haven't finished anything yet. Fuck it. 

"Nasaan daw po 'yung draft no'ng action plan na hinihingi ni Atty. Samaniego?"

I shut my eyes as I softly cursed when I heard that. I haven't been feeling very well lately. 

She's going home.

"Sir... "

It's been a week since the news broke, but I still don't have news when is she coming home.

"Sir, kailangan na po 'yung hinihingi ni Mr. Samaniego, " My assistant spoke again. 

I quickly nodded as my response and leaned back in my chair.

"Do I need to call-"

"I'll be the one to call him. You can now go, " I answered and casually smiled at her. 

"Okay po. Pakitawagan na lang po agad kasi kanina niya pa po kayo hinihintay. "

I no longer answered. The door gently slammed, signaling her departure. I sighed and again checked my phone for whatever news, but there was none. 

Where are you?