Good Looks

Subtitle: What Else Could Go Wrong?
Previously in Southern Gentleman's Club

Chance slid her down and fucked her. It was quick, rough and passionate. "Now I need a shower." she felt his seed leaking out of her.

"Go on nih before I have you bent over, and you get this work for real." he whispered against her lips.

Joy yawned and rubbed her eyes as the blacked-out Escalade glided over the streets. These dreams gotta stop, she thought. She sat in the backseat alone. Her hands shook and that tattoo she never got removed burned her skin.

Meanwhile, Chance sat at his desk going over his speeches. Zolan and Maverick sat off to the side with laptops in front of them.

"Mr. Minnelli, a Joy Washington is here to see you." His secretary announced.

"Send her in."

Joy walked in a couple minutes later in a deep purple suit and cream under shirt. Her matching heels clicked on the marble floor. "Didn't expect you to see me on such a short notice." Her mouth shaped into a playful smile.

Maverick and Zolan leave the room on that note.

"I take it that you've thought about my proposal?"

Her tattoo tingled. A feeling she hadn't felt in years.

"Yes. I'll take you up on it under one condition."

"And that is?"

"We stay professional." She stands to shake on the agreement. Chance nods his head and receives her hand.

"You're not the only one that's been having dreams, Joy." He holds on to her hand and then rubs his thumb over her knuckle. An action that almost buckled her knees.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You do." He says simply before sitting back in his chair. "Is that all?"

"When do we start?"

"Whenever you want to. In this office if you want...it's sound proof."

"Chance!" Joy stomps her heel on the floor.

He releases a genuine laugh. "Next month. We don't have to travel together but we'll be campaigning in Georgia next. That's where I plan to introduce you as my running mate."

"I'll be ready." She vows.

A month later, Joy walked on stage behind Chance. The heavily debated topic of who Chance was going to pick as his VP running mate was killing the media. Everybody had a name in the hat for the sensational young presidential candidate.

Using her height to an advantage of keeping her secret, Joy stood behind a floor length curtain and waited.

"I know people from all over the country have had an idea of who my running mate would be, but I had had this in the works long before I thought about being president. I have chosen a person I believe will get the job done, a person I've entrusted with my ideas and goals, not just personally but for this country. A person I've watched mature in the realm of politics for a while. Please help me welcome, Mayor Joy Washington."

The crowd gave an audible gasp. Seconds ticked by as the small woman emerged from the stage.

"I think the boy just told the country that he was in love with his VP." Ryan whispered to Noni.

"Oh of course he did." she clapped along with the rest of the family. "Great choice, might I add."

"Thank you." Joy waved to the crowd in person and at home. "My name is Joy Rose Washington, and I will be running for Vice President with Mayor Chance Minnelli. All my life, I've been told a girl should be quiet and beautiful. Don't get into the affairs of men. Seen and not heard... well, I believe now is the time to change the conception of a woman in America. Why can't women be world leaders? Together, America, we can change that perception. Right now."