Questions that Need Answers

Luna watched the car pass the different landmarks on the way to the airport. Her hands continuously shook. For days now, she obsessively tried to find where her sister was. Just to know if she was safe. That's all she wanted.

"Lu." Marcus called her attention back to him, if only for a second. Her darkened eyes raked over his concerned face. "I..." for the first time in his life he was completely unsure of the next set of words but he had to try. "I want you to come back to Colorado with me."

"I can't do that, Marcus." She declined immediately. "I can't intrude on what's going on there." The limo got closer and closer to the airport.

"I would feel better if you were with me."

Luna thinks about it. "Can't do that, Marcus." She shook her head in more so, in fear than not wanting to go definitively.

I hoped it wouldn't come to this, he thought. "Wouldn't you like to see your cousins?"

Luna's mouth dropped in surprise. She hadn't thought of them. Guilt wrapped around her. Freya had promised to visit when the tour made it to Denver. "...okay, one week." She reluctantly agreed at the last minute.

The original plan was for the sisters to go back to Sunset Valley and come up with a plan on how to get Freya back.

Meadow stood in the airport, ready to retrieve her bags. Her eyes drooped with exhaustion that she couldn't fix. Her layover from Europe was catching up with her. She'd declined to fly back with Marcus and Luna. She and Titan stood at the baggage claim with little to say.

He checked his phone once he'd heard the ping in his pocket. Nervously he pulled it out to check. "Luna and Marcus are flying to Colorado." His eyebrows went up in surprise. "Not sure what made her change her mind."

Meadow doesn't respond. "There's my bag." She points and starts walking in its direction.

"You heard what I said?" he scratched the back of his head in confusion. "I said Luna and Marcus are going to Colorado from here."

"I heard exactly what you said Titan. I also said my bag is right there."

"You wanna go?"

Meadow sighs. "No. My boyfriend is in California." She points to her chest definitively. "Thanks for flying with me to this point. I'm going home." she turns and heads toward the next gate, pulling out her phone to tell Luna her plans. I'm tired of their asses as it is. I need a break.

Titan had one last thought on his tongue but decided against it. Something wasn't right but it wasn't his place to fix it.

Luna and Marcus boarded his private plane for the rest of the trip for Colorado, where Luna realized what she'd agreed to. She'd successfully avoided meeting his family up to now.

"Is your mom mean?" she asked randomly.

"Depends on who you ask. She don't bother me..." Marcus shrugged. "She'll cuss a muhfucka out every now and then though."

"Sir." She mumbled as the (now) city of Ice Cliff started to disappear and trees lined the roads.

"She'll like you..." he pulled her closer to her. Familiar sparks danced between the pair. Luna smiled at the contact.

An hour later, Marcus held Luna's bags in his hands while she walked alongside him, taking in the estate the size of a city. Chandeliers in the foyer and all white rooms in the front. Maids and butlers milled around, dusting and shining china. She swallowed but it did very little calm her nerves.

She took a moment to look at her appearance in a floor length mirror. Luna looked like a product of her travels and troubles. Hardly in the condition to meet Mrs. Minnelli herself. Scar. Luna swallows again.