Reminder

Subtitle: "Love" is Blind

The door opens with a bang. The makeup artist has her phone in her hand just in the right second. Demetri surveyed the room with a critical eye.

"Why you ain't dressed yet?" his voice groveled over the words.

"My stylist changed my outfit, so my makeup has to match." Freya lied without even thinking. The makeup artist blinked a bit before picking up the brush and going over her tear-stained face.

"How long would that take?" he asked.

"About two hours." The makeup artist spoke up. In a shocking turn of events, Freya breathed. She expected him to berate her as much as he could. Demetri left without another word...leaving the door open.

The artist gets right to work, making Freya 'Flame' worthy.

Two hours later, Freya stepped out fully dressed and ready to go. Demetri was laid out on the sofa, completely asleep. Her artist takes her time packing up, making sure to keep an eye on Demetri at the same time. so much so that there was very little conversation to disturb his on and off dosing off.

"Run." The makeup artist whispered once she was sure he was asleep.

"And go where?" The home was barricaded down with guards and their Tahoe was outside waiting for them to leave any minute.

"We'll figure that out later." She pulled on Freya's arm toward the door. The rain is pouring down on them. "Take them shoes off! Slowing us down!"

"Throw that damn cell phone in the street." She ordered her once they were in her car.

Freya starts crying. "I'm scared." She croaked.

"What makes you think I'm not too? I don't have a backup plan. I don't do this for a living." She chuckled. The rain coming down harder now.

They stop at a gas station just outside of town. The artist pulls her phone out to turn on again. "What's your name?"

"Kai. And I assume your name is Freya." the girl smiles back at Freya.

"Yeah, I prefer being called Freya."

"I'll keep that in mind." They share a quick laugh. "I grow flowers. Not kidnap superstars..."

"It happens every day."

"Ma'am. No." Kai laughs. The number Freya called buzzes again. "We're here."

"Where's Freya?" Luna doesn't waste time.

"We're at a gas station just outside of town. Where are y'all?"

"Colorado."

"What the fuck? I'm in California!" Freya blurts. "How do..."

"Get in." Kai hangs up abruptly before opening her door again. A suspicious Escalade pulled up unexpectedly. "Didn't think he'd figured you were gone that fast." she blurts as she hits the interstate.

The ride is quiet, eerie even. Freya held the phone in her hand, sending text messages to Freya. "Minnelli Estates, Colorado...of course." A small smile danced on her lips.

"Shit...you know some powerful people then." Kai nodded her head, speeding down the road.

Meanwhile, Luna's nostrils flared at Marcus angrily. "You are not coming with us." She reiterated again.

"The fuck I'm not!" Titan yelled. "I stood by and didn't say shit when y'all said y'all was gon handle it. I respected that. But now..."

"I understand your point, Titan. However, Freya is not in the mindset for all of that."