A Step Back

Kingston, one of Greyson's sons, typed fast along the computer keyboard. His eyes were zeroed in on the screen in front of him. "I almost have an approximate location."

Luna sat on the couch, chewing on her freshly done nails. Meadow continued to stare out of the window. "Is there a way you can get an exact location."

"Yes but I don't have time like that." he answers. "This is the first real hit we've had in-" Marcus' vigorous head shake caused him to stop speaking.

"What?" Luna blurted. Titan walked in the room with a papers and a device in hand, taking the heat off of Kingston.

"I got the number." Malik pushed his chair away from his screens. "Let's try." He handed a prepaid phone to Luna.

Ten agonizing seconds later the phone picks up. "We're here."

"Where's Freya?" Luna doesn't waste time.

"We're at a gas station just outside of town. Where are y'all?"

"Colorado."

"What the fuck? I'm in California!" Freya blurts from the background. "How do..."

The line goes dead again. This time with them being on the phone longer, Kingston and Malik were able to get an exact location. "They're traveling east...some vehicle is gaining on them." The drone got a good picture of them moving away from the trailing vehicle... an Escalade to be specific.

"Send them the address for here." Titan spoke up. He held his black Timbs in hand.

"Where you going?" Meadow looked him up and down.

"To get shawt."

"No you not." Luna blurted aggressively. "That's our sister."

"And that's my-"

"We going, Lu." Marcus stepped in to stop his brother from revealing too much out of emotion.

Luna's nostrils flared at Marcus angrily. "You are not coming with us." She reiterated again.

"The fuck I'm not!" Titan yelled. "I stood by and didn't say shit when y'all said y'all was gon handle it. I respected that. But now..."

"I understand your point, Titan. However, Freya is not in the mindset for all of that."

"I just want to see her." he sounds weak and tired. Marcus patted his brother's shoulder. Not having your soulmate with you and knowing she's out there is worse than not having her at all.

"And you will. But we need this more." Luna gestures to her younger sister and two of her cousins, Shiloh and Soliei. "If she's coming here like you suggested, you'll have plenty of time to see her and be with her uninterrupted."

"Okay...but somebody is going with y'all." He vows.

"That's fine." Luna shrugged while leaving the room.

The next day, the media created a firestorm. Falling Superstar Flame Goes Missing

Singer gone missing. Boyfriend Demetri caught distraught.

Troubled performer, Flame, disappears

Hours, and many more false reports later, Freya and Kai met with Luna and Meadow in Utah, accompanied by Kingston and Julius. Their backpacks were securely on their backs.

Freya didn't wait for the car to stop rolling before she hopped out in the middle of nowhere into her waiting sisters' arms. The three continued to cry and hug. Makeup ruined and shoeless. Freya has never looked so...disheveled. And it never felt so good.