Breaking

Subtitle: Brand New
Five years ago

Freya watched Malik and Titan load their bags under the RV. Kingston, Troy and Marcus stayed watch for other truckers that wanted to get froggy. No matter the safety precautions being taken at that moment, her anxiety was still through the roof. "We're gonna shower first, Frey. You coming?" Luna caught her attention from the window.

"Sure, here I come." Freya reluctantly leave the scene in front of her. She slung her bookbag over her shoulders and started up the small flight of stairs. "Wow." the beauty of the RV instantly surprised her.

"Meadow is finishing up now. I've already claimed my bed for the night." Luna announces proudly while sitting on the adult-sized twin bed. "Meadow has the other one." She pointed.

Freya took her time looking around, just appreciating the wealth that surrounded the girls. Heavy feet brought her back to reality and she sighed.

"That's my bed shawt." Marcus doesn't waste time. "Take the one above it." he pointed. Luna looked a bit disappointed but didn't fight it. Freya waited on the couch for Meadow with her bag in her lap. On the verge of tears. Get it together, Freya.

Titan took his time observing her. Something was so familiar about her yet he knew he'd never met her before.

A few minutes later, Meadow is finished in the shower and Freya gets a turn. She takes her time cleaning it to her specifications and showered.

When she came out after cleaning it again, her sisters were dead to the world. "They could sleep through a hurricane if they had to." She smiled.

"I folded the couch out for you." Titan spoke. Freya turned and jumped. He had invaded her space. Within seconds, she went from fear to comfort. What?

"Thank you, I appreciate that." she stepped around him, holding her bag to her chest.

An hour later, all showers had been taken and lights were out. Except one. Freya was engrossed in her songwriting.

"Aye mane, turn that shit off!" Titan yelled from his bed. Nobody moved. "I know y'all niggas heard me."

"Ain't nobody got they light on nigga, shut up!" Marcus threw a used sock on Titan's bed. "You'n run shit!"

"Both y'all shut the fuck up!" Troy spoke up with his sleep voice. Freya continued writing and jamming. Titan got up from his own bed to see what the issue was. He pulled the curtain back and caught her with her headphones on with a notepad in front of her and pencil in hand.

"Yeen heard shit yet?"

She jumped in surprise and held her chest. "Oh my GOD!"

"Shut up!" Troy yelled again.

"What's going on?"

"You got the light on." Titan said. "Everybody goin to sleep but you."

"Uh, yeah. Meadow and Luna are already sleep. I...I didn't know." She looked away from his intense eyes. "I'll work by my phone..."

"What you doin?"

"Writing a song."

"Need help?"

"I thought you needed the light out." She frowned in confusion before reaching for the switch.

"I'll help you..." he sat on the bed next to her. Her face turned red.

"You ain't got to, it's really..." she wants to shoo him away.

"I like this beat." He'd taken her headphones off. Freya's face turned even redder. From there the pair wrote the song together. "You good?"

"What you mean?"