Familiarity

Sunset Valley, California

She tries Demetri's phone one more time. Their last conversation wasn't the best. Although they'd conversed since then, it felt like a cloud had been hanging over her head since then. No answer.

Freya drums her fingers on the piano. She grabs her coat and keys to go for a walk. Sunset Valley was the perfect hideout for her as the city was used to celebrities because of the Minnelli and Santoni Families.

She walks into her favorite coffee shop that had become the baby of Ivory and Emerie Minnelli. The aroma of coffee beans and pastries reminded her of her mother's cooking. A smile graces her lips. She sits down with a mint tea and her songwriting book. A melody always played in her head.

"One coffee. Straight. Cream cheese danish." Freya heard a distinct accent, a raspy dialect. Curiously, she looks up. Titan, dressed in a black short sleeved polo and black jeans, black timbs to finish it off tapped away on his phone with his back to her table.

"Here you are Ms. Freeman. One mint tea." The teen smiled and left the table. She averted her eyes to the scenery outside, feeling Titan's eyes on her. She heard his footsteps coming toward her.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked genuinely.

"Yes it is." She moved a curl out the way playfully. Titan sits down anyway.

"How you been?" He sat in front of her. Sweet tension crackled around them.

"Busy, focused on my upcoming tour. And yourself?"

"I'm cool." He eyes her as he takes a bite out of his treat. "We need to talk."

"About what?" she feigns ignorance.

"The past."

Freya holds up her hand. "I'd rather move on from that. I was out of line last week. We were young and you had your reasons. Knowing them now won't change anything."

Titan lifted an eyebrow in concern. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. At the most, we'd be decent friends, seeing that I'm..."

"Yeah. I've heard." The silence hangs in the balance before Freya cracks a joke about a passerby. And just like that, the pair began to talk well into the afternoon.

"Nah, nah! I'm weak!" Freya picks up her phone to check the time. "Shit! I gotta go. I got rehearsal tonight." She grabs her phone and tea. She forgets her songwriting book.

"Freya! Freya!" Titan calls after her but she was already out of the shop.

Freya pulled up to the studio, ready to work but her mind was on the conversation with Titan. She fought the blush across her face just in time.

"You said you had new songs to record, let's hear them." Her writing partner reminds her. Freya looks down in her bag with a frown.

"I had it with me! This morning..." she is angry with herself because she can't remember exactly where she'd left it. "Let's discuss later on."

That night, after some sleuthing (read: stalking), Titan found Freya's apartment and found himself in front of her door about to ring the doorbell. Music could be heard coming from the door when he rang it.

Freya answers it with her hair in a high bun and makeup-less. Titan is breathless. "You left your book at the shop." He holds it up.

"Oh! Come on in. Thank you." She pulled him in. "You better not let anybody see you."

"Nah, I was in the area."

"Oh!" Disappointment takes over unexpectedly. "Okay, well I appreciate it." the conversation lags. Titan isn't ready to go just yet. He wrote his number down on a notepad in the kitchen.