Recognize the Signs

Freya does a month of shows in the US, before the Europe leg of the tour. "I am exhausted." She mumbles to herself. Luna and Meadow are as well so they decided to stay home in their apartments.

Freya uses the time to write in the studio. To take her mind off of Demetri and his own endeavors.

I was sitting at my piano in the studio alone. I hummed out a few melodies, playing around with the notes in my head. I let my mind wander to Titan.

My cheeks turned hot as I remembered his face. Against my better judgment, I texted him anyway. Are you busy?

As if my mind was playing tricks on me, Titan popped up at the door. In a fully black business suit with a splash of color, he leaned against the door with a playful smirk on his face.

"You rang?"

"No, I texted. And you didn't respond."

I couldn't fight the smile on my face. We talked every day...sometimes before I talked to Demetri. We did a lot of talking...well I'm talking. He sits and listens to me. Sometimes he'll offer a little advice but mostly just listen. Titan always reminds me that he can't relate nor does he try to.

I liked that. I don't really have a space outside of my sisters to speak how I want to.

He pulls up a chair to sit. "I did...where yo phone at?"

"Who told you where I was?" I checked it and saw the text. I'm bout to come thru. Short and to the point.

"I asked Meadow when I saw her at the coffee shop this morning." He is honest.

"You should be working..." I smiled. Titan ignores me and grabs my songwriting book from the table and read the lyrics I wrote. "I'm stuck..." I grab the book from him to rip the page out.

"No this is perfect. Will you sing it for me?" He leaned back in his chair. I turned the melody up a little more and hummed. I closed my eyes and sang it to him. A repressed memory flashes in my head.

When I finished the song, silence hung over us like a warm blanket. "I feel so stupid." I chuckled. Partly because I wrote that song with him in mind. Shit.

Titan cocked his head at me. "I like it." He lifted his chin up playfully.

"You need to go back to work, sir..." I tease him. "Mail boy."

His eyes widened, wrinkled his nose and then he laughed. I couldn't stop laughing at his face. "Mail boy huh? Is that all you think I am?" His green eyes danced mischievously.

"It's obvious!" now I'm carrying on.

"I'm a very busy man, Freya." I rolled my eyes and flipped my hair in his face. "Just so you know, I'm the top sports agent from my mother's agency. Four years running."

"Oh." My face turns red again. "I didn't know."

"I never told you." He touched my hair dangling around my neck and felt sparks shoot all over my body. I gripped the piano at the unexpected contact. "Your hair is so curly and soft." His voice was completely different. I was out of breath like an orgasm slammed through my body. Squeezing my legs together, I nodded my head.

His hands stayed on the back of my neck and his lips dangerously close to my left ear. "Very soft indeed." A light moan escaped my lips. I admitted to myself that'd I hadn't felt like this in years...the light masculine scent of his cologne, strong hands.

My phone buzzed and broke us out of the trance.

"I think I'm going to go home now." I stood up and his hand fell from my neck. Titan stood to his full 6'3 inch height, staring the whole time. I watched him leave. Only this time, there wasn't a hole in my heart.

Titan Minnelli

The tingles still buzzed throughout my body long after I left Freya in the studio. Nothing really changed over the last time I'd seen her. Everything stayed platonic...until today. I had to touch her. Because I didn't know when I'd get another chance.

A feeling I'd been longing to feel for years swallowed me up. This was much more intense than years prior, as a young 22 year old man.

I went home shortly after that. I knew Roman should've been home by now so I gave him a call.

"Rome! What does the Soul Mate touch feel like?"

"You don't need to know allat. You ain't met yo Bond." I could tell he was watching the view outside his window. He's calmed down so much since the girls and Sasha...and now his own sons. Kinda like Uncle Stone...probably more too.

"I'm serious nigga!" I hollered.

"I am too! For me, it's sparks. And it's all of a sudden. Like you about to nut but without the mess." I blinked. That's exactly how it felt.

"You a fool!" I contemplated telling him about Freya. "Sasha's cousin is my Bond."

"Freya? Or Luna? The young one, Meadow?!"

"Freya." I answer. Roman smirks.

"The star. I can see that." he nods. "But let me know if you need some help but I gotta get back on these accounts before T-Scar kills me...again." We hang up on that note.

I spend some time thinking. Demetri is in the way...

Freya is the biggest generational star in the world right now. My Bond, the love of my life. I gripped the pen in my hand harder than I should. This will play itself out. Just bide my time.

Shaking my thoughts away, I went back to work on my other businesses.

Somewhere in the night, my mind wondered about Freya again. Her authenticity. Musical laugh and the way her eyes lit up talking about a song she wrote. Her pace in life was the total opposite of mine. I need that. I need that a lot.

A few days later, Freya decides to not go to the studio and write from home. An artist had requested through her record label to write a song for them. They'd even sent the background music for her to write to for inspiration, but she just didn't have it. She calls Demetri but he doesn't have the time and shoots a weak text.

He wasn't the creative type. Being an actor, he's skilled in making other peoples' ideas come to life on screen.

Taking a chance, she calls Titan next. He answers on the first ring. She doesn't take that for granted.

"Hey, you busy?"

"Yes." He answers immediately. Glasses hung low on his face, and a highlighter was tucked by his ear. "I can make time though. Wassup?"

"I have to write a love song but I'm all love songed out. I need some inspiration..."

"How can I help?" Titan is giving her some of his attention as he was doing work from home.

She hadn't thought that far because she was sure he wasn't gonna answer. "What is love like to you? Or have you ever been in love?"

Titan thinks. And thinks. "IF I'm ever in love...I'd want it to be all-consuming. Like taking all of me, draining me. Addictive. Like all of my soul. And I would want the person I'm in love with to be the same way, if not more. Drowning, drunk in it, if you will." He finishes seriously.

His eyes never wavering from hers on the FaceTime call. Freya's mouth drops just a little. Her breathing quickens just slightly.

"I'm assuming sex is part of that."

"I want everything about this person and love to consume me. Sex included..."

"You gotta be a Scorpio." She starts to write.

Titan smirks. "Not just that, but a Minnelli baby girl."

"I never knew your birthday." She thinks out loud. "Take yo flirtin ass on, Ti." She laughs. "But thank you...I really appreciate the time."

"Anything for you, Freya."