Something She Can Feel

The next morning, Freya blinked her eyes open. Sparks bounced around on her skin, and she buried herself deeper in the bed for a moment.

Listening to her stomach more than her desire for more sleep, Freya throws the covers off her body and moved to stand, swinging her legs to the edge of the bed. Damn, this headache though.

She moves gingerly. Gotdamn... my whole body hurts. In the bathroom, Freya lets out a small scream. And then during her headache, memories from the night before came to. Freya blushes hard at herself. It was becoming harder and harder to keep herself on the ground.

She sighed contently and turned the water on.

After her shower, she walked back in the room and almost dropped her towel. Titan was sitting patiently, fully dressed, in the bedroom they were sharing.

"You enjoy scaring me." she squints her eyes at him.

"I do." He makes himself comfortable in the chair away from the bed. "You wanna talk about it?"

"I don't." She is honest. "I just wanna know how we got...here." She is half dressed now.

"I could tell you." Titan relaxes himself.

Freya twists her lips in thought again. "But not now. I want to write." She turns the alarm off.

He stands and caresses her cheek. Freya melts into his hand.

"I won't forget our conversation to be had, Freya. So don't stay down there all day." He reminds her. In their time together, Titan knew her like the back of his hand.

"I'm not making any promises." Man just gave me the best sex of my life and he wants to talk about it! I think not sir.

Right on time, Freya walked in the private gazebo on the property to practice in. Before she took out her songwriting book,

Right on time, Freya walked in the private studio she'd rented to practice. Before she got started, she called Luna back.

"Why didn't you answer your phone last night?" her sister asked on facetime.

"If I told you, would you really wanna know?"

Freya's sister rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Just say you were with Titan and stop being dramatic as fuck."

"Well, you asked." Freya blushed teasingly.

"But seriously, I like this look on you. I can tell you're happy."

"Happy? I look happy?"

"Within reason, you do." Luna added. "It won't be long before you walk in it, Freya."

"That's the scary part, Lu." She looks back to make sure she's still alone. "I've never been in a functional, healthy relationship before."

"Then tell him that. If that's where you want to be. I don't have the answers, I'm still figuring it out myself. But I have learned don't be afraid to be honest."

Freya doesn't comment but instead starts to stretch her sore body. "Thanks Lu." It is here that she allows the night's events to course through.

Last night was...out of control. I know how I got here...but now it's blurring the lines. This is the quietest Demetri has been in years. And I know...I know he's lurking somewhere. Waiting...

But Titan, my stomach flutters just thinking of him, took the little I could give him and make it into more. He is not a random man I met while on tour.

He is a man, a man I knew before the glitz and glamour...a man that saw me in a struggle for this. A man I should've fought harder for. Now I feel like I'm making for lost time.