Green Light

Atlanta, Georgia

The next day, Freya stood on stage with her trademark mug on her face. Her team had just finished putting the final touches on it. "What made you call a rehearsal ahead of schedule?" Luna tapped on the iPad in her hand.

"Just in case the club appearance tonight runs over." She drops down in a split with her background dancers. Her latest hit blared through the speakers. Couldn't sleep, Freya thought instead.

"Of course...I didn't even think of that." she laughed. "In that case, I agree. Carry on...just don't overdo it. It's just Friday morning."

Freya rolls her eyes and turns her attention to the next set. "Gimme my damn beat!" she yelled in the mic like she had a full crowd.

"What made her come up with a completely different show just for the All-Star game?" Meadow frowned in concern for her sister.

"You know Freya wants to give even the most passive fan the best show she can." Luna flops in the stands. "Her first interview is in about three hours. That's plenty of time to get dressed."

After rehearsal, Freya sat in front of her makeup and hair team. She sips her calming tea with a shaky hand. Her outfit for the interview was a deep v-line black and white suit with gold sky high heels and matching clutch. She wore a long necklace and big rings on her right hand.

"Ready Flame?" Meadow teases her sister. Freya rolls her eyes. Her wig is bone straight.

"You play all day." Freya lifts her eyebrow up playfully. They leave the hotel for the venue, but not without a crowd of people waiting to get a glimpse of her.

The cameras were set up for a live interview. Freya was temporarily thrown off but kept on a brave face. Just a few more days, she thought. Just a few days.

"Ready? Everything is set up. we just have about ten minutes."

"That's fine, I can wait." Freya sits on the couch just outside the room. People were busying themselves with making the area as aesthetically pleasing as possible for the star. The camera starts rolling. Freya was instructed to make an entrance. She flips her backlength hair in the camera with a wink.

"It's amazing how she can turn it on and off." Some producers mumbled to each other. Luna and Meadow watched from the control room.

"Good afternoon! We interrupt your daily tv schedule for an All-Star Weekend limited program. My name is Michelle Brown, and I am sitting with the two-time EGOT (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony) winner, Flame, for an ultra-exclusive interview. Prepare to get inside the mind of the most sought-after performer in the industry, ever." Michelle greeted the fans.

"Wait, I'm two time?" Freya frowned playfully. "Wow...okay." She does a little golf clap.

"Okay, first thing I have to ask is, did you really not know it was two time?"

"No, I try not to focus on the accolades like that. I'm just glad the fans are interested in my artistry on this level." Freya answers.

"Next question, what advice would you give your younger self?"

"Stay hungry. Never be satisfied." Freya takes a breath and looks away from the interviewer. "And you'll find a way...one day."

"That's profound. What would you like to be remembered by?"

"When I hang up my heels..." Flame makes a point to point down at her shoes. "I want to be remembered as someone who gave her all."

"Do you ever get used to being a celebrity?"

"No!" Freya laughed. "I can't step outside of anywhere without a reminder of my influence on people. I'm grateful for it." she nods her head.

"Let's get into the real tea." Michelle wiggled her eyebrows. "If you weren't in a relationship with Demetri, would you date a fan?"