Get Yo Money, Young Queen Pt. 2

Chance and Joy's Wedding Planning part 1
Flashback
Mid-March

"Honestly, they are late. We don't have time for the tardiness." Lyra mumbled to Dawn. They stood at the counter of their boutique for formal wear where they sold exclusive wedding dresses and men's suits.

"Just be patient. I'm in not that big of a rush to deal with four demanding ass Minnelli men." Dawn shook her head.

"And that's why we tell them what they're wearing. No options. Joy already told me what she'd preferred them to wear." She pulls a picture of the groom suit and then groomsmen's suits.

"Sis got style." They agreed. Just as Lyra slides the pictures in her purse, the door swung open. Her eyes swept over each one before they looked in the women's direction.

"We're looking for Lyra Garrett and Dawn Adams." Chance spoke first. Dawn stepped around from the screen with a smile. Lyra waited a few more seconds to gauge the room.

"Welcome, welcome." She would go in being nice, Lyra thought.

"Shid...I like this!" Orion yelled while standing at a random rack. A clown suit, really jackass? Lyra finally comes from behind the screen.

"We are here on strict business. My name is Lyra Garrett and this is my partner, Dawn Adams. Now, who's the groom?" she gains their attention quickly. Chance sticks his hand out. "Nice to meet you, Chance." Dawn leads the group to the room in the back. A shiver goes up her spine.

"Who's the best man and did you get an opportunity to pick out one groomsman?" Lyra is all business now.

"Just one?" Orion looks up in surprise.

"Yes. To my understanding..." Dawn pulls out her iPad, "...Quinn is her maid of honor and Alexis is her only bridesmaid. So I ask again, who is the best man and groomsman?"

"He hasn't picked one." Lyra looks between the group in annoyance. "I told you moving other appointments was worth it." she reminds Dawn.

"I hadn't had time."

"That's a lie, Mayor. And you know it. You don't want to hurt someone's feelings." Dawn calls him out. "Look, we have to have a full-blown wedding in exactly one month so Joy is not showing, and so you can get back on the campaign trail. So, right now, who is going to stand next to you on your day?"

"Mykel is my best man."

"And?"

"I can't choose between the twins."

"I mean I'd be the better choice anyway..." Orion puffs himself up. "Right?"

Chance doesn't put his doubts to rest. "Right?"

"Nah, I choose Q2."

"Wow..." Orion shakes his head, clearly hurt.

"My hands are tied bruh. I'd have all three of y'all up there if it were my call but it's not."

Orion doesn't say anything. Tension is thick in the room.

"Now that it's settled, let's get you all fitted." Dawn brings their attention to her again.

A few minutes later, Orion and Chance are alone toget her while the other two crack jokes on each other, totally oblivious. "So you really wasn't gonna tell me?"

"Look, you actin like I wanted to not pick you. We both know that's not the case, and it'll never be the case. I want you up there but Joy wants equal amount of people. Plus, you're not Bonded. You ain't got nobody to fill the gap."

"That's fucked up. That's real fucked up, Chance."

"Now is not the time to have this conversation. Yes, you're hurt but at the same time, this is the hand they were dealt. And if you make this an uncomfortable experience for everybody." Lyra had had enough. She yanks his shirt so his face closer to her face. "I will not tolerate it because then you're messing with my brand."

Lyra notices the different shades of green in his eyes. She lets him go quickly.

"Yeah, I got it."

Two hours later, the task for the day is done and bodies have been measured to begin the custom designs. Lyra rubs her neck. Exhausted. How do people deal with such dominating personalities?

Orion walks up to her just as she's about to lock up the boutique. Dawn goes up ahead, talking with cake designers and making appointments simultaneously. Today was a success.

Dawn Adams

Present day

I walked around the apartment, answering questions that the prospective buyers had. Because I was at work, I refused to think about why Aquarius had decided to show up so randomly. There wasn't much I knew about him, and I had no desire to get to know him either.

"Finding the property to suit you?" I make small talk with the man anyway. He turns slightly, as though he is looking at me through his peripheral vision.

"What do you know about this property specifically? Who last owned it and do you think, in your professional opinion, this is a good investment? From one investor to another."

"This is a two floor 6-bedroom, 5-bathroom penthouse condo. This is a newly renovated space that was originally several different apartments. This space has never been occupied as a penthouse. Do I think it's a good investment? Depends on your style and what you'd want to gain from this. For me, it is." She answers honestly.

"Ya know, I enjoyed your company at the wedding." He brings up when the crowd had moved to the other side of the penthouse.

"I was just doing my job." I looked longingly at the rest of them, trying to figure out a way to get out of this. "I didn't appreciate you all wasting mine and Lyra's time. Knowing how we are about our business, Q."

"I figured you wouldn't be too happy to see me. And that's the main reason why. I get it, I do. But you have to understand, while you were airtight, and I get that. Y'all are true professionals in event coordinating, but we'd just got out of a lawsuit where underage boys were sneaking into our clubs and drinking. Almost shut us down completely."

"Could've said that from jump."

"I would have if Lyra hadn't shut O down the second she heard no. Clearly you're the more levelheaded one between the two. I could've talked to you privately."

"I look like the more levelheaded one. But I'm not. I'm glad you enjoyed the reception, now if you'll excuse me. Other clients require my attention more."

"If it's worth anything, I apologize for how it all panned out."

I stepped away from him without a second glance, nor did I acknowledge his parting words. His energy was just far too intoxicating and I don't have time. Now I knew why women were fawning over him and his brother every chance they got.

Am I attracted to Q? Yes. Tall, green eyes, pearly white teeth, a nice speaking voice and accent, caramel colored skin with eccentric tattoos to finish off the look. Of course, I am.

But we almost lost our business the first time running behind men who were too powerful and reckless from the beginning. Too much for us anyway. But as women who'd never given themselves time to date properly, it was our ending. And I didn't climb Forbes ranks in a short time to lose it all over dick. Not this time anyway.