Chapter 32

Chapter 32

●●●

„Just a little longer! We're almost there." Jungkook promised, praying he was right. This was the first time he'd visited this area, and while the GPS told him that it would only take another five minutes of driving... finding a parking place and not getting lost was an entirely different issue. Especially when Taehyung looked close to throwing up next to him. The siren wasn't used to much more than the twenty minute car drive to his university, yet they had been sitting in this car close to two and a half hours.

Jungkook really didn't want to make the siren throw up. Both to save Taehyung's dignity as well as the car. Probably mostly the car. Taehyung could really use to lose some of that pride. He had so much of it, Jungkook really wasn't sure what other characteristics he could use to describe him aside from that.

"I swear, just around that corner." He really hoped that wasn't a lie. "I'm sure it will be worth it. Amusement parks are way too expensive but also fun, trust me." He drove around the corner, letting out a sigh of relief when he spotted a parking lot right away. His car was saved.

Trying not to upset Taehyung's stomach any further he parked in slowly, careful not to make any abrupt turns. "And here we are. That wasn't so bad, was it?"

The glare Taehyung sent him told him not to push his luck any further. Jungkook opened the door, watching as Taehyung did the same. Jungkook kind of got it, admittedly. He remembered how annoyed and frustrated he had gotten every time he'd grown sick to his stomach in the backseat of his mum's car.

Actually, Taehyung had been in a relatively good mood when Jungkook had woken up. At first he had been certain last night had been a dream. After all, Taehyung had taken a bath with him, and there was no way that had really happened, because first off... Jungkook wasn't that dumb and secondly... Taehyung would never let him...

But Jungkook also – quite quickly – realized that no, that hadn't been a dream. Too much detail. More than he could ever remember of his dreams. His half asleep self had actually stepped into a bathtub with Taehyung and he had been too tired to even think much about it. Instead he had listened to Taehyung talking. Another thing that he really couldn't believe had actually happened.

At least Taehyung had gone back to being mute the morning after, so everything seemed to be normal again. Just that Taehyung had actually smiled a little more than usually in the morning. Something that still made Jungkook's heart race.

The drive had certainly taken the urge to smile away from Taehyung, who looked probably the most miserable Jungkook had ever seen him. He got that. More than just got that. He had lived it.

"Come on. I'll get you something dry to eat. That helps." Jungkook patted Taehyung's shoulder. It was still weird that the siren just allowed Jungkook to touch him now. He didn't even react. Just stared at a couple walking closeby, giggling among themselves.

Right... the last time he had come here it had been with Minji. They had acted just like that. Jungkook found himself not caring as much as he'd thought he would. He should have felt bad but he didn't. Maybe because the constant threat on his life put things into perspective. What was some lost relationship if at least he was still alive?

He ended up buying Taehyung some rice crackers at a store conveniently located right at the entry of the amusement park. Jungkook already knew everything inside was probably going to be double the price so he picked the cheaper option.

When they entered the actual amusement park he realised that this wasn't going to be as easy as he had hoped it would be. He had intentionally chosen a day in the middle of the week to visit the amusement park with Tae, just to make sure it wouldn't be too crowded. But sadly reality was that, even though it wasn't even the afternoon yet, the park was already overrun by tourists and children. So much for keeping Taehyung away from crowds.