Chapter 53

A/N

Wrote a chapter yesterday too so check for that in case you haven't read that yet!

Chapter 53

●●●

A week passed and Jungkook got accustomed to Taehyung's presence again. And to the fact that Taehyung was talking now, which was probably still the thing that could potentially confuse him the most. Especially because Taehyung had started asking questions about things he saw on TV. Jungkook tried to answer them to the best of his knowledge, but some things, especially stuff about physics in sci-fi movies, were a little more difficult to explain.

So when Jungkook got a message from Eunji that a friend of hers was forcing her to come along to a houseparty Jungkook felt comfortable enough to at least suggest to Taehyung that they could go with her.

"Parties are quite the human concept. Like, we listen to music and drink a little and... sometimes hook up with people we meet there."

Taehyung had raised his eyebrows, clearly not exactly convinced, but eventually he had accepted that they should try. Though Jungkook had laid down a strict set of rules to keep Taehyung (actually, mainly the people around Taehyung) safe.

Taehyung had to stay by Jungkook's side the whole time, no wandering off

Which probably was going to be the rule that was the easiest to follow since Taehyung was quite clear in not wanting to leave Jungkook's side no matter where they went. Especially not in crowds of humans.

Taehyung was not allowed to drink alcohol.

Jungkook had no idea what kind of effect it might have on him, but he really didn't want to find out in an environment like that. So no alcohol for Taehyung. Jungkook was going to test that in the safety of their home sometime.

No killing or hurting anyone.

That was quite the no brainer. Taehyung had to promise Jungkook that even if people got too close to him for comfort he wouldn't hurt anyone. They didn't know there would be a scary killer siren and Jungkook was the one at fault for Taehyung being there, so no claws.

And Jungkook felt surprisingly comfortable with those rules as he picked out some clothes for Taehyung. He put him in a silver blouse that was pretty low cut neckline and black pants. He was creating something that he knew would pull attention but at the same time Jungkook had fun dolling Taehyung up.

He was just so aesthetically pleasing to look at, so why not enhance that a little?

Just to be fair he offered to Taehyung that, in exchange, he could pick out Jungkook's clothes which ended... quite interesting. He got some ripped jeans and a t-shirt and a very clear ban from styling his hair. He basically looked the way he always did.

Taehyung really seemed to prefer familiarity over dressed up. But maybe that made sense given that Taehyung had no clue what human clothing trends looked like. To him Jungkook dressing up probably just looked weird.

When Jungkook wanted to put on some cologne Taehyung nearly hissed at him, so that wasn't an option either. The siren really had a sensitive nose.

"Okay, what are you not allowed to do again?" Jungkook checked back in as they stepped out of the bus. Taehyung had spent the whole ride staring at the child sitting in front of them and Jungkook wondered if maybe it had been a while since he had seen a child up close or if maybe Taehyung was thinking about how good of a small snack it would make.