Chapter 41

Chapter 41

●●●

Why was Jungkook feeling this down? He had finally gotten better, after a few days of watching TV and eating lots of soup... with Taehyung kind of taking care of him, and yet he was in a bit of a bad mood. He knew Taehyung was going to leave today. Taehyung had told him so and Jungkook could tell that he was saying his goodbyes, in a way. Playing around with the cat, feeding it and cuddling with it on the sofa.

When Jungkook had teased him about how he was cuddling it now when he had wanted to eat it at first, Taehyung had teasingly picked the poor little thing up and acted like he was going to bite its face. Jungkook knew Taehyung was only fooling around, but his heart rate did speed up a little bit at that.

"When are you going to leave?" Jungkook finally asked at around six in the evening. He had felt like Taehyung was going to leave any second now for hours and it was making him nervous. Maybe when he actually knew when Taehyung was going to leave it would get better.

"An hour?" Taehyung didn't look too sure himself as he scratched Tuna behind her ear. Jungkook should have been annoyed that Taehyung had made him keep the cat with the promise of taking care of it, only to leave a month later, but he wasn't. Instead he was glad that some kind of memory stayed behind, in a way.

This whole situation almost felt like he was sending Taehyung off on a train somewhere. It was so odd... Jungkook had the strong feeling he would have to pack a suitcase or something but he didn't. There was nothing here Taehyung would take with him. He'd shown up with nothing and was going to leave with nothing.

"This feels so weird." Jungkook muttered, sitting down next to Taehyung, who was still patting the cat. Taehyung hummed in agreement.

Jungkook... had a hard time believing he was going to be alone again soon. He was excited at the aspect of having his apartment to himself again and actually being able to spend his day however he wanted without having to worry about what Taehyung might want to do.

He also would no longer need to sit by the ocean for hours until his hands and feet were cold as he waited for Taehyung. He really looked forward to those times , but at the same time it was hard to imagine after months of living this way.

It was hard to imagine Taehyung just not being there anymore.

The last hour passed oddly quickly and slowly at the same time. Taehyung and him just watched some television together, that awkward air around them. It was pretty clear that Taehyung didn't know what to say either... so they just sat there watching TV for an hour, both petting the cat that was now Jungkook's to take care of.

The walk to the beach was even worse because they had no excuse not to talk and the lack of Jungkook's usually aimless babbling seemed to hang in the air above them.

It was only when Jungkook watched Taehyung slip out of his human clothes that he finally got himself to speak up again.

"I'm going to miss you... even with how crazy that sounds."

Taehyung turned to look at him, his colorless eyes flashing in the light of the street lamps a bit further down the beach. Jungkook couldn't help but think about how stunning Taehyung looked right then. In the soft light of the moon and the few lamps that were scattered around here.

He sent Jungkook a little smile that he could only read as genuine. A little awkward maybe... maybe even sad, but a genuine smile.

"Me too." Taehyung admitted and Jungkook smiled a little at that. They had come far from when they had first started. It had been here... the place where Jungkook had almost drowned because of Taehyung. But he no longer felt angry with Taehyung for that. Maybe he was a little crazy. He was just glad that he had survived and things had turned out differently.