Chapter 27

Chapter 27

●●●

Once they were done eating and Jungkook had placed the plates in the dishwasher, they went to look for the cat. Jungkook knew it was probably hiding somewhere because it was nervous, but he also wanted it to get used to them. In addition to that Taehyung kept searching the room for it and Jungkook really wanted to keep the siren happy and content even with all of their new deals.

Jungkook was just checking beneath the table when he remembered another thing that had slipped past him earlier, which also was somewhat important.

"Oh right, Taehyung?" Taehyung, who had been checking behind the plants next to Jungkook's television, turned his way, looking at him questioningly.

"I really have no intention of running away or blowing this deal off. As long as you don't try to kill me I'll show you around the town and the human world as much as you want to, so there is no reason for you to threaten me. If I do something you don't like you can tell me or even hiss at me... there is no need for your scary claws to be anywhere near my throat. You get the message across either way."

Taehyung nodded as if that was the most normal thing, like he hadn't done it a hundred times, before he turned back and continued searching the plants. Jungkook couldn't help but keep watching the way he just pushed the leaves and small twigs to the side, clearly not aware of the fact that maybe they could break.

Actually Jungkook had realized that, while Taehyung clearly wasn't careful with most things, it mainly seemed to be due to a lack of awareness of how delicate some of them were. Taehyung could also be gentle. Jungkook had seen that from the way he had held the cat... and the awkward hug before. It had been really fucking awkward, but Taehyung had been really careful in the way he had touched him then.

Maybe in the ocean most things just weren't gentle. It made sense. Strong currents, rocks, sand... none of these needed to be handled gently by Taehyung. There was a good chance Taehyung just didn't think when he was being this rough with things.

The fact that he had hurt Jungkook a few times... those had been intentional. Taehyung had clearly intended to hurt him then, but smaller things like Taehyung leaving a dent in the table... those seemed to come from a lack of awareness.

Jungkook moved over to the sofa to check underneath it... and there she was. Clearly a little nervous, staring at Jungkook with anxious eyes. "I found her."

Jungkook listened to Taehyung's footsteps getting closer as he slowly reached his hand out for the small animal. "Hey, we're not trying to do anything bad..." He tried talking in a calming voice, but he wasn't sure just how reassuring that was when the cat had just been picked up off the street by two weird people and brought to a place she didn't know.

Clearly it wasn't too reassuring because the second his fingers got a little too close for comfort for the cat, sharp pain shot through his hand as the small animal both clawed at his hand and bit him. Quickly he pulled away, hissing in pain. He sat up to inspect the small wounds. Scratches on the back of his hand and a tiny bite mark on his finger. It wasn't really deep and only the scratch in the middle of the marks on the back of his hand had even drawn blood, but it was frustrating nevertheless.

From what he had heard being scratched by a cat could be quite dangerous actually. Not that he really thought this would lead to any complications, but that didn't mean he wanted to get bitten either.

He could feel Taehyung leaning over his body, clearly looking at the injuries too.

"Cats are like you and they scratch and bite if they don't like something." Jungkook joked, rubbing his hand. "I'll go disinfect this. We'll see how we get her out of there without being covered in bite marks afterwards." Jungkook declared getting up, expecting Taehyung to follow him like he usually did, but instead the siren laid flat on the ground like Jungkook had done before, stretching his arm underneath the sofa.