Chapter 52

Chapter 52

●●●

„I can't believe it's been half a year since I joined you in the water." Jungkook muttered, once again in his underwear, letting his legs dangle into the cool water. It felt good after the long, hot day. Especially since, unlike last time, the sun was still out.

"Sorry that you won't be able to shift though. I know you like it more than just swimming as a human." Jungkook watched Taehyung slip out of his pants. The pants Jungkook had gotten him. Part of him was proud of his choice because they looked incredible on Taehyung but at the same time did he kind of regret the thirst trap he had created along the way.

"It's okay. Jimin said he likes swimming like this so I want to try it." Just like Jungkook he sat down on the edge of the rock and put his feet into the cool water. "You're keeping on your underwear?"

Jungkook nodded. "You should too." Partly for his own sanity. "People might actually see us here and that would be anything but ideal. It's not a place where you're supposed to swim nude."

"Okay." Taehyung pushed himself off the rocks into the water. Jungkook watched as his body disappeared before his head resurfaced again. He was looking up at Jungkook. Once again he wondered how Taehyung could look this perfect when his hair was wet. No one looked even better like that, but with Taehyung that seemed to be the case. His bright grey eyes bore into Jungkook's.

"Are you coming?"

Jungkook was about to move into the water as well when he remembered that he wasn't dumb. Well, mostly.

"Do you promise you have no intention of hurting me?" Jungkook doubted he did but trust was something he really wasn't sure if he could afford with Taehyung. He still wasn't human and Jungkook had no idea what exactly was going on in his head. The only thing he did somewhat trust was that Taehyung wouldn't lie.

Taehyung rolled his eyes but nodded. "I promise I have no intention of hurting you. Are you coming?"

This time Jungkook allowed himself to drop down into the water. It was fucking cold, but in a good way. The way that froze his butt off but made him say thank you. At least he wasn't out in the heat anymore.

"So where do you want to go? Do you know the area?" Jungkook asked, moving towards Taehyung. It was interesting to see Taehyung move his hands to stay afloat for once. Jungkook was pretty sure he could have used his water powers, but he didn't. He wasn't sure why, but it was weirdly relieving. Whenever Taehyung did something like that it made him feel more human.

"There aren't really places in the ocean I don't know. So yeah, I know these parts..." Taehyung seemed to be thinking, swimming a little closer to Jungkook. Too close. Jungkook really couldn't deal with the way Taehyung had completely stopped acknowledging Jungkook's personal space. He was treating Jungkook a little like Jimin. He just got closer and closer as if the fact that their faces were only like three centimeters apart was not the most distracting thing.

Jungkook had been family zoned, just like Jimin had said. And while Jungkook enjoyed the idea of not having to die because Taehyung liked him, that didn't mean he was comfortable with everything that came with it.

"I have an idea." Taehyung's face lit up in something akin to excitement. For a second his eyes flickered back to their more natural form. Seemingly a little slip of focus. Was it weird that at this point Jungkook was somewhat endeared that Taehyung had such a hard time staying in his human form? That he clearly tried but sometimes he would just slip up?

He was probably just fucked up from his crush, actually.

"You'll have to trust me tho."

Yeah, no. Not fucked enough to blindly trust Taehyung at least.