Chapter 38

A/N

Totally not updating just because I want to even though I should keep the chapters for myself in case I end up not writing anything for a while... nope that's totally not it :T

Chapter 38

●●●

Jungkook barely realized when he fell asleep. He just slowly dozed off with Tuna on his chest, watching The little mermaid and when he woke up again it was to Taehyung's hand on his shoulder.

"Jungkook?" He blinked tiredly to find Taehyung staring down at him, so close that Jungkook wished he would have had anywhere to pull back too. He could practically count Taehyung's long eyelashes from where he was.

"Yeah?" He yawned tiredly stretching out his arms, partly to make Taehyung back off a little. Jungkook was pretty chill with people coming close usually, but with Taehyung he'd just learned that a certain distance was better than closeness.

"I'm hungry." Right. Jungkook usually made sure that Taehyung got something to eat by 12.

"How late is it?" Jungkook glanced around the room in hope of finding a clock or something along those lines to tell him. But he didn't have a clock in the living room and his phone was out of reach.

"It's two."

He had slept a few hours. Wow... seemed like he was actually sick. He shook his head sitting up, lifting the cat onto his lap instead of chest. His head hurt and his nose felt clogged up. And of course he was still so fucking dizzy... he really doubted he was going to be able to make some proper food like this.

"Sorry, I'll order some food. Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, picking up the cat from Jungkook's lap and holding it in his arms. Jungkook watched him a little in awe. Honestly it felt like he was better at this already than Jungkook was. At least he held the cat better than most people Jungkook knew had spent their whole life lifting cats.

"I could... try to make food." Taehyung didn't even look Jungkook in the eyes as he patted Tuna's head. Jungkook gave himself just a second to marvel at how pretty Taehyung looked like this. Expression soft and warm as he watched tuna, his gray eyes and long lashes on perfect display with the way his eyes were directed downwards.

"I don't know... it's not that easy to cook, especially alone. This would be your second time even touching anything in the kitchen." Jungkook hesitated. Should he let Taehyung cook on his own? He was a little worried both for his kitchen and stomach, but then again if Taehyung wanted to try it was a good thing. And it was nice of him to offer, when Jungkook clearly didn't have the energy to cook.

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to cook alone yet, but I could tell you what to do and just keep an eye on you from the bar. I think that could work."

To his relief Taehyung didn't seem to have any objections to that... not that Jungkook really expected it. Taehyung couldn't even read recipes himself, so how could he have cooked something when he didn't even know the ingredients of the stuff he usually ate.

He ended up in a comfortable blanket cocoon, tiredly watching Taehyung as he pulled all the ingredients that Jungkook had told him to get from the fridge and cupboards. Some pork, green onion, onion, ginger and the red chilli paste Jungkook had decided to use, since Taehyung seemed to like spicy too. Before he had been somewhat careful with cooking spicy food with Taehyung around.

"You need to chop the pork into thin stripes. Maybe cut it in half along the longer side and then cut small stripes." Jungkook pulled the blanket a little tighter. He really needed to make himself some tea. His nose was constantly clogged and he felt a little too cold, considering he was doing everything to keep his body warm.