Chapter 13

Chapter 13

●●●

To his surprise, Taehyung fell asleep after this as well. Simply closing his eyes and dozing off. Jungkook certainly was jealous, considering how bad his sleep had been recently. Riddled with nightmares and fever dreams. At this point, he really didn't feel like going to sleep anymore.

It was a pest.

"We're here." This time Taehyung didn't startle out of his sleeping state. Instead, he tiredly blinked at Jungkook, looking a bit disoriented for a second before he seemed to realize where they were. It had to be midnight by now.

The streets were mostly empty aside from a few drunk kids who probably went to the same college as Jungkook. How much he wished he could be one of them. Just drinking and hanging out, not giving a shit about anything.

Taehyung seemed to notice him staring off into the distance and moved next to him, looking at him questioningly.

Jungkook sighed. "It's nothing."

The boy certainly didn't look like he believed him, but he didn't ask. How could he after all?

"Fuck, I'm tired." Jungkook dropped his wallet and phone onto his desk before moving to the wardrobe to pick out some clothes to sleep in. He only realized that Taehyung hadn't followed him to his room when he had already finished changing.

It was a little weird since Taehyung had been following him around basically every second since this whole thing had started and the only time he hadn't felt like he was being watched twenty-four-seven had been when he'd been sick. So where was Taehyung now?

He found him in the bathroom, sitting on the edge of the bathtub, his feet dangling in the water that was slowly filling the tub, looking really pretty. And also really naked.

Jungkook stayed by the door, where he would only see the boy's back and ass. It wasn't like the siren cared too much about privacy and Jungkook had seen his fair share of ass. The image wasn't too shocking.

"What are you doing?"

Taehyung turned around to look at Jungkook, then he pointed at the bathtub. Yeah right. He wouldn't talk.

"Gonna take a bath?" Jungkook changed his question. Actually, it wasn't surprising. The boy had taken a bath almost every day since he had come here, so why would today be any different?

Taehyung nodded, moving his feet a bit, pulling them through the water. Jungkook wondered how they felt in comparison to his tail. From what Jimin had said Taehyung hardly ever left the ocean, so running around with feet had to be really unusual for him.

"Do you need anything?" Jungkook offered because that was what he had been doing these last couple of days. Trying to keep the siren that had decided to live with him at bay. All of this even when he was really tired and all he wanted to do was go to sleep.

Taehyung shook his head, reaching down into the water. For a second Jungkook wondered whether it was warm or cold. It seemed to change depending on the siren's mood. Maybe there even was a reason for it.

He sighed. It was slightly inconvenient that the only way they could actually talk was by using Jimin, who lived more than an hour away.

"Good. If you don't need anything I'll go to bed." Jungkook was about to leave, but something about the way Taehyung glanced around made him wait in place instead. Because Taehyung looked like he wanted to say something when he turned back around again. But of course, nothing left his mouth.