Chapter 7

Chapter 7

●●●

Jungkook was hungry. It was late and all he had eaten so far was the sandwich back when they had been on campus. Aside from that his last proper meal had been lunch the day before. Honestly it wasn't much of a surprise that he had forgotten about eating. After all he was in a quite unique situation currently.

The creature who had caused this whole thing was comfortably sitting by the table and staring out the window. Hey, at least he wasn't focusing on Jungkook. After all he was slowly getting more and more uncomfortable with the creature's eyes on him. Always watching him.

He sighed. What did that thing even eat? Humans, it seemed... if that was what he had intended to do with him in the beginning. And raw chicken. Jungkook grimaced at the memory of the guy biting right through the bones.

"What do you eat?" Jungkook asked, turning back to the boy, who was still comfortably leaning back. When he looked up Jungkook realized that that hadn't been the right way to ask the question. "Uhm I mean, you ate raw meat before. Do you only eat raw meat?"

To his surprise the guy shook his head. So he wasn't completely barbaric. Good to know.

"Can you eat other things than meat? Like fruits and vegetables?"

Once again the guy nodded and for a second Jungkook wondered whether he had spent time with humans before. Maybe it wasn't his first time following a human around. He really would like to know what had happened to the last one. Was he even still alive?

"Can you eat everything humans eat?"

This time he only got a shrug. He sighed. "In case I give you something to eat that I can eat without any issues and for some reason it upsets your stomach, will you kill me?" Had the guy just rolled his eyes? To Jungkook's relief he shook his head.

"Okay..." Jungkook sighed. He still wasn't sure what to make for dinner. After all he hardly ever properly fed himself. Just got take out pizza or something along those lines. Usually when he did cook once in a while it was easy things.

He ended up settling with curry. At least he'd just have to chop a bunch of vegetables and add a finished paste to the mix and then he would be done. Still, it was probably the most high effort dinner he had made in a while. Usually he didn't eat much in the evening but he had to make sure that whatever that creature was stayed well fed because that would hopefully prevent himself from being eaten.

Silently he cut up the potatoes, staring at the board in front of him. He really had no idea how things were going to continue from here on. Would the creature just stay around? He certainly didn't like that thought. Especially not with his lungs still feeling weird after what had happened yesterday.

He didn't seem to be too stable. One wrong step and he would kill Jungkook. So much was clear. The guy wasn't just making empty threats, after all Jungkook had experienced what he was capable of first hand.

When he heard steps behind him he startled but to his relief the guy was just getting some water. Funny how it almost seemed like he knew what he was doing as he turned on the faucet and filled his glass.

Then Jungkook realized. He was facing away from him, his back turned to Jungkook, completely defenseless. Unaware of the knife in Jungkook's hand. Just one step.

Jungkook acted before he could really think about it. There was only a small timeframe and then the creature would be back to surveilling him. Watching his every move. He would kill Jungkook at some point. This was his chance.

Maybe halfway through his movement Jungkook realized that he didn't even want that. Didn't want the blood of some mythical creature on his hands, even if that mythical creature was a constant threat to his life. He wasn't a murderer.

The guy almost seemed okay, aside from when he certainly wasn't. When he was a threat to Jungkook's life.

To his luck, or maybe the opposite, the guy seemed to know exactly what was coming. Jungkook startled at the speed with which he spun around, the glass he had been holding shattering on the floor, and then Jungkook couldn't move anymore. The knife in his hands had hit something, but when he looked down he realized that it wasn't the guy's stomach. Instead his fingers were tightly wrapped around the blade... not a single drop of blood showing . And then the blade just shattered under his grip, breaking right where he held it.

Still no blood. Jungkook's heartbeat was racing in his chest. What was that guy? Was he about to die now? If the guy did kill him for this... honestly, fair enough. Jungkook had been stupid enough to try to kill him even after the guy had shown him just how easily he could kill him.

When Jungkook looked up the creature's pupils were gone. Instead his eyes were completely gray. Jungkook swallowed hard. He couldn't move. Maybe he was just frozen because of fear, but it felt like there was something different.

And then the boy opened his mouth and for the first time Jungkook heard his voice. It was a lot deeper than expected, but very smooth and attractive. He really didn't care about that now. The boy was singing softly. A haunting tune that deeply unsettled Jungkook. Something about it seemed so threatening and dangerous, even though it sounded beautiful.

Jungkook couldn't breathe. No matter how hard he tried to take in air he couldn't. It felt like someone had locked up his lungs. All he could do was listen to the strange language that didn't sound like anything he'd ever heard. It made his heart race in his chest.

He was running short on breath. The creature moved closer and put his hand on Jungkook's cheek. It wasn't a nice gesture. It was a warning. One of the claws slowly traced over Jungkook's cheek, creating a long but luckily shallow cut. He could feel some blood dripping down his cheek and the creature moved so close it almost felt like he was going to kiss him... but then it traced the line of blood from his jaw up to the cut with its tongue.

Jungkook whimpered, but he still couldn't breathe. One last time the creature pulled back, looking at his face, and Jungkook understood the warning. He couldn't try to get away until the creature decided to set him free on his own.

He was lucky to still be alive.

And then the creature closed his mouth, the soft sounds finally ceasing and Jungkook gasped for air, his hand shooting up to his chest and then to his cheek. When he pulled it back there was blood on his fingers, just like he had expected.

Seemingly done here the creature left the kitchen, not even looking at him again. Still gasping for air Jungkook stared at the knife on the floor, bent and broken. Whatever had forcibly moved in with him wasn't even remotely human.

Jungkook was nothing but a small insect to it.

A/N

💜

Opinions?

All the readers used to my usual fluff have to be traumatised by this._.