Chapter 20

A/N

Looooong ass chapter ahead... also wow I really suck at hiatus don't I?

Chapter 20

●●●

Originally Jungkook had thought that taking Taehyung to the swimming pool was a good idea. In what universe it actually was a good idea he wasn't sure anymore. Bringing a very dangerous siren to a pool full of children... Jungkook only realized how dumb that was when they had already paid their entry fees, so he wasn't going to back out now.

He really doubted Taehyung was going to eat anyone today... and if he did at least Jungkook wouldn't have to worry about the siren living with him anymore.

The place was stuffed with families just having a good time. Even though it was only May. Though it was an exceptionally hot day, which had been the cause of Jungkook's stupid idea.

Jungkook had felt like he was melting all day and Taehyung hadn't looked much better, just lazing around in the bathtub.

Taehyung seemed anything but thrilled about how many people there were. Small children running all over the place, some almost bumping into them. Jungkook could tell how tense he was, but a quick glance at the siren's hands at least showed that Taehyung wasn't about to claw anyone's eyes out.

Part of Jungkook was glad, Taehyung had really gotten better at this. He was clearly still tense but he had gotten more comfortable with being around humans. Crowds not so much, but he wasn't a danger to the public anymore... for the most part.

He also seemed decently okay with Jungkook touching him for a few seconds, for example to tug him along as they made their way over to the huge lawn by the side of the pool to find some shade to sit in.

"So this is a giant bathtub for humans to swim in because the sea can be too dangerous." Jungkook explained as he pointed at the pool. Taehyung followed his gesture with a sceptical look before he glanced back at Jungkook.

"It's a child magnet for the most part. On really hot days adults tend to come here too to cool off a little, but for the most part it's just children playing in the water. Please don't eat anyone." Maybe Jungkook had started disassociating a little.

It was probably the only way to cope with the situation he was in. He couldn't worry constantly. And while Taehyung had been friendly these last three weeks... he also hadn't given Jungkook the impression that he could start being careless either.

Jungkook was constantly reminded that Taehyung was very willing to kill when it was needed in his eyes. So Jungkook was being careful but he also kind of just... accepted the way things were.

He watched as the siren nodded, still anxiously glancing around. Jungkook wondered what this kind of place was like for a siren. He knew from Jimin that Taehyung had heightened senses compared to a human.

How much could he hear from everyone around them? Was it overwhelming or could he just tune it out? Judging from how he kept startling, his eyes quickly searching certain directions, Jungkook guessed it was the first one.

"We need to get changed before we can go inside the water... by the way..." The siren's eyes were back on him and maybe Jungkook was just imagining things, but they seemed a little softer compared to the way he was staring these children down.

Maybe Taehyung actually felt a little more amicable towards Jungkook than he did towards other humans. Jungkook really hoped so. After all he was trying his hardest to be nice to the siren.