Chapter 60

Chapter 60

●●●

The next week was... an emotional rollercoaster, to say the least. For one because Jungkook's crush on Taehyung was acting up badly, especially given the fact that Taehyung had made it a habit to actually sleep right next to him now. Just the way he knew Taehyung did with Jimin. The implications of that might have been just that they were good friends, but it was still messing with Jungkook's poor heart. Especially given it also meant he would wake up to Taehyung curled up right by his side, bodies touching, pretty face likely just centimeters from his own.

Oh, and of course Taehyung was also still sometimes shifting in his sleep and Jungkook was more than relieved that, so far, he hadn't met the same fate as Taehyung's pillows tended to end up with. While he certainly felt Taehyung's claws against his chest, the siren never actually applied pressure even in his sleep. Maybe a reflex he had from cuddling with Jimin. No attacking the living, breathing thing I'm cuddling with. Jungkook certainly hoped that was the case and not just some coincidence.

But Jungkook's very one sided love life was not the only thing that contributed to the mess his emotions had been for the whole week. Since Taehyung had killed that guy from Jungkook's uni, missing person fliers had appeared all over the campus and people kept talking about it. It was one of the main hot topics and of course Jungkook felt like utter shit as everyone shared the stories of what a great guy he had been. This was his fault. Because of Jungkook this guy had lost his life. Even if it meant less people were going to die in the future, Jungkook had taken Taehyung to that party and if he hadn't that student never would have had to die.

His conscience was weighing heavily on him, which was why Jungkook ended up deciding to do exactly what he had been contemplating for a few days now. He was going to take some days off of uni and instead take Taehyung to Seoul. It was a great way to get out of his little town and just forget about what had just happened. Him feeling bad wasn't going to bring that guy back and he really didn't want to go and accuse Taehyung when he was clearly already making an effort to change.

Jungkook still had to share the idea with Taehyung and book some hotel in Seoul, but he was genuinely looking forward to showing him the city. Especially now that things seemed to be going better and better between them. Jungkook genuinely felt like Taehyung had started treating him like a close friend. There really was no more... fear left. Instead Jungkook could actually relax and be honest with Taehyung, and Taehyung actually listened. He felt like any remains of that power imbalance their relationship had started with were gone now.

But when Jungkook entered their shared apartment, excited to share his idea with Taehyung, he was instantly shut up by the faint sound of singing in the apartment. Jungkook had never consciously heard Taehyung's voice before. So far every time he had heard it had been connected to Taehyung showing him something. Every time he was so lost in emotions and memories that it drowned the actual part of Taehyung's singing out. But that wasn't the case now. When Jungkook carefully tiptoed through the hallway to find Taehyung, the siren's voice was echoing softly, filling Jungkook with a certain type of happiness that he couldn't quite analyse. He wasn't sure if it was his own or if it was induced by Taehyung's singing.

Either way he felt giddy as he moved around the corner, glancing into the living room. He was intentionally quiet, he didn't want Taehyung to stop. His voice was beautiful. Soft, breathy and deep in a way that sounded both inhuman as well as painfully human. It wasn't perfect but each imperfection just added to the whole beauty of it.

When Jungkook spotted Taehyung he couldn't stop a smile from creeping onto his face. He was sitting on the couch, his legs crossed and Tuna in his lap, purring softly as he petted her. Apparently they had finally made peace and gotten to know each other again.