Chapter 43

Chapter 43

●●●

Sohye was both exactly the way he remembered her and entirely different. For one she was still just as pretty, maybe she had even gotten prettier. She had dyed her hair since he had last seen her. Back then she'd had beautiful black, straight hair that Jungkook had liked pulling on a lot more than he would have liked to admit, now she had bleached it to a brown, nearly blond ombre. It was wavier than he had last seen it, too.

In addition to that, her clothing style had changed a little as well. He still remembered the outfit she had worn when the two of them had met for the first time. The wide cut shirt that had flaunted her admittedly perfectly sized boobs and a skirt that was only decent because she had worn shorts underneath. Back then all the clothes he had seen her in had been like that, but then again, most of the times they had met had been at clubs.

Unlike then she was now wearing an, admittedly still skintight, pullover and pants that went all the way down to her ankles. She still looked absolutely amazing in those clothes though. Jungkook was pretty sure that if he had met her at a club dressed like this he would have tried talking to her just the same. He still absolutely got how he had ended up picking her to be his fuckbuddy.

She had been sweet, funny and, to be frank, uncomplicated. At the time she had had a crush on a guy from one of her course, so she had been in no way interested in a relationship with Jungkook. Which Jungkook back then had been glad about because he had also been certain that he was in no way interested in a relationship. Had been certain that a relationship was nothing but work. And then, a few months later, he had suddenly found himself in a relationship with Minji and somewhat forgotten about Sohye.

They had messaged each other maybe once or twice before the contact had broken off completely because at the time Jungkook had been happy with his relationship. Had for some reason believed that Minji was the one. So much for that.

God, he had to stop being bitter about that. He didn't want to do her the honor of always getting angry while thinking about her. He wanted to be indifferent. More like his past self would have been.

But he wasn't exactly the same and that was admittedly also a bit of a problem. When Sohye sat down on his couch looking all pretty, just like she had in the past, Jungkook realized that he had changed a lot since they had last talked.

Because when he had last seen her there really hadn't been anything about her that bothered him. But now, as she sat down on the sofa, talking about how she had recently decided to quit uni and instead start working in customer service because people had told her she had the perfect smile for that... he realized how plain she seemed.

It wasn't that she was boring or no longer funny, so to say. Really, Jungkook found himself laughing along as she told him a story about one of her customers who had been more than just a little confused. It wasn't that she came off worse than she had before.

It was just that, for the very first time, Jungkook realized that he didn't feel like there was any depth to the way she acted. It was hard to put into words. He just didn't feel like there was as much behind it when she talked compared to Minji, Eunji... even Taehyung and Jimin. Maybe it was just the topics she chose but Jungkook found his mind wandering even as she talked to him. It was somewhat hard to listen when the things she talked about were just so inconsequential.

And Jungkook, to some extent, was sure that the last time he had talked to her he probably hadn't been all that different. After all, this hadn't bothered him before. Maybe he had gotten a little more mature since the last time he had seen her. Or maybe it was just the multiple brushes with death he had gone through over the last few months.

Either way, Jungkook found himself being a little bored even with Sohye right there, sitting with him and talking to him. Not that being bored was in any way new. Maybe the problem was just him. It wasn't Sohye's job to keep him interested.

"And how have you been doing? I heard Minji ended things with you?" Jungkook winced. That was quite the harsh way to put it. "She probably regrets it though." Sohye added as if to soften the blow.

She brought her hand up to Jungkook's chest, slowly tracing it down to his stomach. At least she knew how to get his mind off Minji just as quickly as she had brought her up. "I can tell you, I for one was quite regretful when you two started dating and I had to stop hooking up with you." Jungkook followed her hand with his eyes as she brought it lower and lower. Maybe Sohye was a little boring to talk to, but even now Jungkook couldn't help acknowledge that she would probably still make a great fuckbuddy. She didn't beat around the bush much and just took what she wanted and Jungkook enjoyed when his hookups were willing to take initiative.

"Well..." Jungkook forced himself to take his eyes off her hand to look at her. He knew that spark in her eyes way too well. He liked that spark. He remembered liking it when they had first met and he still liked it now.

"I'm no longer dating Minji so..."

Sohye smiled wickedly. "Hmmm I wonder what you are trying to say."

A/N

I swear Jungkook is not rlly an asshole aksdfas

He just really doesn't know what he wants right now and he's kind of trying out things and thinking about stuff blindly because he doesn't know how to stop being bothered by everything TT

It might make a little more sense next chapter too!

Pls be lenient with him😔

Also double update today! The next will be in a bit💜