Chapter 77

Chapter 77

●●●

The next morning when Jungkook woke up Taehyung had migrated over to his futon. Apparently, Taehyung barely cared about lying half on the floor if he could lie by Jungkook's side. He made a mental note to move Taehyung's futon closer to his before they went to sleep the next night.

Careful not to startle Taehyung, he reached his hand out and patted his shoulder. "Morning."

The siren sighed softly, squeezing his eyes shut and burying his head in Jungkook's chest. He looked a little like a cat. Every time something like this happened Jungkook remembered how much his mannerisms had changed since they had first met.

"I know you're tired, but it's eleven am already. We have that boat you wanted rented at one pm and we have to get some food first."

Taehyung hissed silently and Jungkook giggled, patting his head. "I know."

They made it to the dock of the boat rental Jungkook had contacted beforehand in time, both fed and with provisions in case they would be out there for a while. Some food, but especially water. Taehyung had insisted on getting some pretty weird snacks as well that Jungkook apparently wasn't allowed to touch, but at this point, he had learned not to question too much when it came to Taehyung.

He got some quick instructions on how everything worked and how to refill the tank if they ran out of fuel. Jungkook had rented the boat until the evening so that was very likely. He was also told not to go too far out into the ocean since it could become dangerous for them, out there navigating got harder.

Jungkook took that one with a grain of salt, given that he had a siren on board, and doubted they could even get lost out there. Taehyung had a scarily good sense of direction.

Once the instructor was done explaining and Taehyung could stop posturing next to Jungkook (the defensiveness was kind of cute) they loaded the boat with their things. Jungkook still had no idea where they were going, but Taehyung clearly had something planned.

When Jungkook had told Eunji of his plan to come here with Taehyung and that Taehyung apparently wanted to go somewhere by boat, she had told him that he was still kind of dumb for getting on a boat with a siren. After all that seemed to be their one specific thing.

And yeah maybe it was, but Jungkook was curious about where Taehyung wanted to go. What he wanted to show him. And most importantly... Jungkook had decided to trust Taehyung, even if it was stupid. It made no sense for Taehyung to play the long con like this. There had been so many chances for him to kill Jungkook, so why do it now?

"Alright... which direction are we going?" Jungkook took his place behind the steering wheel, while Taehyung sat down on the front of the boat. Somehow he had gotten rid of his t-shirt while Jungkook hadn't been looking because his back was now exposed. He looked like a cat sunbathing. His eyes were closed while he enjoyed the soft breeze.

When he heard Jungkook he pointed at the ocean without any hesitation. Nodding Jungkook started the motor up and then they were moving. With the sound of waves washing against their boat softly in the background, they left the coast behind them.

To a lot of people it probably would have been unnerving to take a boat this far out into the ocean, but Jungkook could feel peace washing over him. He felt connected to the sea. More than usual. Maybe he felt that connection because the ocean had brought him Taehyung?

"How does it feel being on a boat out here?" Jungkook finally broke the silence after a few quiet minutes. Taehyung didn't turn as he answered him.

"It's a little weird to feel the ocean beneath me, but still be on hard ground. But it's nice. I like that you can also be here with me... look there." Taehyung pointed to the side of the boat and Jungkook followed his finger with his eyes. Where Taehyung was pointing, a swarm of small fish were trying to keep up with the boat. Jungkook slowed a little so they could. Apparently even when Taehyung wasn't touching the water, the fish tried their hardest to get close to him. Like a weird Disney princess. Jungkook snorted.