Chapter 17: It's About Time! Let's Head Towards the Location of the Grand Trial!

(Yuki's POV)

"It's sooooooooooooooooooooo hot." These words slip from my mouth as I slouch forward on the Mudsdale I've been riding on. Not only that, but the same words were mimicked by another riding a Mudsdale next to me.

"We're almost there, you two." A female who was shorter then the both of us and is known for being a Ground-type specialist and the final Island Kahuna in the old timeline, responded to our complaints. "You've been though this desert before, haven't you Ash?"

"Yeah, but..." Said person began slouching forward himself. "It's sooooooooooooo hot."

"Why does the trial have to be at the Ruins of Abundance again?" At this point, I was just complaining, the heat really getting to me. "I don't do well in the heat and let alone the fact I've never seen a desert firsthand in my life..."

Yep, today is the day I'll finally be taking that Grand Trial designed just for me. It was only a few days ago when my Z-Ring began to glow brightly during that battle between Me and Greninja VS Ash and Cinderace. Speaking of Cinderace, his Pokeball, alongside Sobble's, are currently in my bag. Apparently the two claimed me as their temporary trainer while I was knocked out after the battle... either way, if they ask me to be their true trainer like Greninja, I'll have to decline this time. I mean, it's either we save our worlds and Goh comes back... or we fail and both worlds die.

If you haven't guessed, we're going though the only desert located within Alola: Haina Desert, found on Ula'ula Island. In the video games, it was never a requirement to step foot on these trails, unless you wanted to 100% the game. Even if you were completing your Pokedex by trades, the Psychium Z and TM Dream Eater were located within this harsh terrain. That, alongside in the regular versions, there's a Zygarde Cell in both the desert and outside the ruins themselves. This suddenly makes me wonder... is one of the Zygardes here, like how a 50% forme waits for you in the Resolution Cave in Ultra...?

Ahh, I'm getting sidetracked! Focus Yuki! ...It's too hot to focus, though.

'...ki...Yuki...Hello?' A certain voice snaps me out from... whatever I couldn't focus on. I look to my right and see Greninja standing on the ground. Noticing a response, the water/dark-type gave me a playful grin. 'Anyone home?'

I nod, trying to get off the Draft Horse Pokémon... which I do, but not before faceplanting after realizing too late that I'm too short to get off like a young adult. Guess there are some downsides to being younger again that I'll have to get used to. The ninja frog offered a webbed hand to pull me back up, which I gratefully accepted. Since I was so caught up in my own mind, I didn't even realize we were finally here: outside of the Ruins of Abundance itself.

A battlefield stood between me and the ruins. On that battlefield, three Island Kahunas stood. First was the fighting-type specialist and man who deemed my personal trial was complete: Kahuna Hala of Melemele Island. Next was the Rock-type specialist known for being a sweet and kindhearted woman, but one of the most clumsiest people you'll ever meet: Kahuna Olivia of Akala Island. The final Kahuna looked over this island, not only as Tapu Bulu's chosen, but a cop as well. The man may be good at his job, but just like the Tapu, he's extremely lazy. (So lazy that when Ash's Rowlet fell asleep in the anime VS Hau's Decidueye, the man claimed the grass/flying-type has fainted without checking for the swirling eyes. That was the beginning of a huge mess in the AniPoke Community, but that's a story for another time.) He's known as the Dark-type specialist Kahuna Nanu.

Behind each of them was their Island's Tapu, with Tapu Fini currently left out... that is until the young Ground-type specialist and newest Kahuna of Poni Island got off her Mudsdale, pulled out a Pokeball to recall it, and walked in front of her Island Guardian. With both hands by her hips and elbows sticking out, the young farmer-dressed girl smiled as our eyes met.

"It's time." Hapu said, still looking at me. "Yuki Kazeko, in accordance with the duties given to us Kahunas, we will now explain the Grand Trial you will now undertake, the trial created by the Emotional Pokémon herself."

____________________

Oh my god... I finally... FINALLY UPDATED THIS STORY! Sorry I took so long everyone. Not only did my computer get that insane virus, but within this month timeframe, SO MUCH CAME UP! (Either way, writing isn't the only thing I like doing, but still... I almost never WANT to spend time with my family. Huge improvements over here!)

This story would of been updated a bit sooner, but I myself had to re-read part of the story. I wasn't sure if I added something back in Chapter 5... that I'm glad I didn't add (and if I did... well... it's no longer there if it was. Don't think it ever was there, though. I believe it was in my first draft for this chapter. THANK GOD IT NEVER MADE IT IN. WOULD OF MADE WRITING THIS SO MUCH HARDER.)

Anyway, I've been dying to write more and now that I got a flow going, hopefully I'll be updating a bit more again. :)

I'll cya all in the next chapter!

As a side note, this chapter might have you asking something regarding the 4 island Kahuna's and their memories... yeah, you can wait a chapter. c;