Chapter 23: It's Time to Go All Out! The Conclusion to the Grand Trial!

(Yuki's POV)

This is utterly impossible! There's no way after all that... after that well put together plan I didn't even imagine them creating... there's no way I can help Greninja beat Koko. My mind was scrambled, unsure of what route to take next. I've long reached my limit with sharing my Aura, the playing field has been reduced to mini rock mountains made with Stone Edge, making it really hard for me to see anything... just what am I suppose to do?

'YUKI!' Greninja's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. He jumped in the air as Melemele Island's deity began with Natures Madness, avoiding the attack on his own. A small amount of the rocks fell from the Stone Edge structures. This gives me a small idea...

"Greninja, Power Up Punch on the rocks closer to our side. Aim for Koko!" With this, the ninja frog began hitting some of the rock structures. Each time, Koko just dodged. We aren't fast enough...

Almost as if reading my thoughts regarding our speed, an Electro Ball was was quickly being formed. That'll be bad if it hits! Instead of launching it, however, Tapu Koko just... held it. Almost as if it was waiting for us to do something... What the heck? Why...?

Greninja suddenly turned to me, as if sensing something I wasn't. Surprisingly, that was the case... until we looked each other in the eyes for about 10 seconds. Something just... spoke to me. To us. Like a shared feeling that needed to be expressed here and now...

I blinked... or so I thought, but suddenly Tapu Koko looked a bit damaged and was... smiling? 'You pass.'

I blinked. Blinked again. Yet another time. He wasn't defeated, but I passed? "What do you mean I pa..." As I asked this, I couldn't keep my eyes open. Exhausted, I let my sudden tiredness consume me.

_____

(Tapu Koko's POV)

Even I did not expect the girl to be this shocked. Finally on the battlefield myself, I could see her eyes... almost as if the shock caused her to not be in the moment. This trial was never going to be about winning or losing, but until we see what needs to be seen, I'll just have to keep the battle going...

I smashed my hand to the ground, causing a small termer of sorts known as Natures Madness. Even without his trainers command, this Kalosian frog jumped, dodging my attack. 'YUKI!' He screamed, snapping the girl out of it. That worried face still there, but her ring was still glowing and she seemed to have a plan.

"Greninja, Power Up Punch on the rocks closer to our side. Aim for Koko!" The water/dark-type leaped back and hit a few of the Stone Edges back at me. Not wanting to take any damage yet, I dodged each and every rock with ease.

Yuki's facial expression changed, noticing our difference in speed. Maybe I should throw an electro ball; one that isn't too powerful, but enough to keep her mind in the game. That's exactly what I did: begin forming one. Right before I was going to make any sort of motion to throw the ball, a certain Lake Trio member contacted me.

'Koko, don't attack anymore.' A voice spoke within my mind.

'Did the girl fail, Mesptit?'

'Just the opposite. Be prepared for THAT attack.'

I knew what Mesprit was talking about, as this trial was prepared in a way to corner the girl into using her 'Z-Move', realizing it or not. It was the latter, as both trainer and Pokémon looked at me with distant, glowing eyes. Both put their arms out, palms facing me. Greninja created a giant water shuriken while Yuki made one from Aura, being the same size and not just a projection. Taking their shuriken with the right hand, both threw them directly at me. Yuki's was faster and merged with the Water-based one. Now it was much bigger and neither a water-type or fighting-type attack. It was type-less, being able to damage any foe with equal strength.

I blocked the attack, but not before taking some damage.

'I'll be taking my prize after this, big brother Koko!' I could hear Lele from the sidelines, sounding very proud of herself. Of course she would remember if she won... we made a bet before the girl arrived in this world, seeing if she would pass in a set amount of time. I thought Yuki wouldn't adapt fast enough or would have trouble learning to use Aura. Clearly, the girl from that world isn't like others. Heck, she reminds me much of the Kanto trainer and his Pikachu...

A small smile was now on my face and it was at this moment the two blinked once and regained sense of their surroundings. Yuki looked confused and I'm sure I can guess why... 'You pass.'

She blinked a few more times, clearly confused. "What do you mean I pa..." The duo both felt the exhaustion of their 'Z-Move' and passed out. Ash was able to grab the girl before hitting the ground and the Cinderace did the same for Greninja.

"There was a secret behind this trial, wasn't there?" The raven hair boy, Ash Ketchum, asked. Not once did he take his eyes off the girl.

'There was.' Lele flew over, sprinkling much of her energy on the duo. 'The whole point of all this was for her to master Aura and be able to sync it with another Pokémon. The Z-Ring? It's actually just a measurement tool and was designed like that to give off the illusion of it being something more familiar.'

"THAT WAS ALL... HER POWER?!" Ash gasped. "WOW, THAT'S SO COOL!"

'I know, right?' The two began having a mini conversation while waiting for the two to wake up.Knowing that would be awhile, I stopped hovering and rested on the field. Pikachu decided to join me.

'So Tapu Koko, I gotta question.'

'Hmm?'

'It sounded like you and Tapu Lele had a bet.'

'We did.'

'...What do legionaries even bet with?'

I sweet dropped, Pikachu noticing.

'It wouldn't happen to be on the... world-ending scale, would it?'

I didn't respond. It might as well be, because Lele's Natures Madness is already strong, but add my power into the mix... the next week is going to be a wild ride.