Chapter 6.1: Find Me within the Memories (A Thanksgiving Special - Part 2)

This chapter is from Yuki's POV.

__________

It's been about a week since I found out what year it was in this world. I was very surprised to find out that Ash's Alolan journey actually began in 2019, despite that's when it ended in my world. In fact, three days after the dinner would be when Ash meets Goh for the first time on top of a Lugia...

Every day since then, all I've felt was pain inside my heart. I remembered what happened back in my world in 2019, which no matter how much time passes, I will never fully get over my regrets...

Yes, I'm talking about my Grandma. I know I told Ash the basics before, but like most people, I don't think he caught onto what the connection of the conversation at dinner and the date. If you want to know what the connection is... it's simple really: Thanksgiving in 2019 was the first Thanksgiving without her.

Also, it's a bit sad, but in 2018, our Thanksgiving together... ended very badly. I had a major feeling that it was going to be one of the last times I could spend time with her (which surprisingly... was the 2nd to last time I saw her.) She was spending the holiday in our family's new Apartment building. For some reason, my parents kept angering me. Sure, we didn't get along back then, but I told them 3 times on Thanksgiving what angered me (and each time, they repeated the same action that angered me.) I was only up for about 6 hours at this point and felt very drained... which my parents caught onto. They suggested I take a nap, which I only agreed to if they woke me up for dinner.

...I should of known back then that they would get caught up in some sort of crap and forget about their promise. I woke up three hours AFTER dinner had finished. It hurt so much... I cried so much... I even got angry, because they blamed ME for falling asleep and not waking up. (To this day, I question why I ended up listening to them... stuff like this ALWAYS HAPPENED BACK THEN. Maybe I had minor hope that because this involved my grandma, they would actually keep their word. What a fool I was...)

~.~.~

Looking up at Alola's starry sky, I sit on a log near the Ruins of Conflict at 3AM, getting out of my deep thoughts. (It's Wednesday, by the way.) I feel a wild Buneary hop onto my lap, which I'm too emotionally drained to feel anything. It looks up to me, tilting it's head without a sound. I could just tell what it wants to ask, though.

"I'll be ok." I stress a smile, easily forced. "I'm just waiting for Koko to come get me."

'Koko?' The wild Buneary asks me, looking a bit confused.

"Oh, I meant Tapu Koko. He said I should come here tonight, because he has something he wanted to show me." I begin to rub the head of the wild Buneary, which it smiles in delight for the gesture. "I don't know why, though. Not even the slightest clue..."

As I finished speaking, Tapu Koko appeared in front of me from his blinding speed. Again, too emotionally drained to feel anything.

'Hello again, Yuki.' The Island Deity said to me. 'Thank you for coming out here in the middle of the night.'

I stood up from the log I was seated on, picking up the wild Buneary and placing it down next to me before I fully stood up. "Don't worry about it, Koko." My smile was very forced at this point. I can only assume Melemele Island's guardian noticed, but didn't comment on it. I did get a smile in return, though.

'I have something I would like to show you, but it's not on this island.' The electric/fairy-type turns it's back to Yuki and floats down. 'Will you allow me to carry you to the location?'

I just nod, not sure where Tapu Koko wishes to take me, but if I'm gonna be honest, a change of scenery would do me some good anyway...

__________

Hey everyone, Yuki here!

I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving~! I know I did, which makes me much happier then you can imagine.

I thought I would let you all know that this chapter also included real life events that revolved around my grandma. Now, I no longer feel the way I expressed, but... I can still feel annoyed here and there. (I won't ever forgive them, but I won't let the memories keep me down, either.) You don't need to forgive someone to be able to get along and care about said someone. c;

Now, I should let you know that there will be ONE MORE PART to this chapter. Also... I've gotten major writers block. For me, I know all the key points to the story, but it's VERY HARD to get from Point A to Point B, ya know?

The next chapter will hopefully come out within the next 7 days, but who knows...