Chapter 5: The Personal Trial Information Revealed

School had ended with all the kids leaving the building. Everyone, including Kukui's class, began going towards their own homes... everyone but Ash and Yuki.

The two walked with Hau to Iki town, where the Kahuna of this island lived. They all wanted to know what this 'Personal Trial' of Yuki's was.

"I wonder what Tapu Koko meant by 'Personal Trial.'" Hau questioned. "I mean, if it was just a trial before the battle, I don't think it would of been worded like that."

Both Ash and Yuki nod twice at that, agreeing.

'Maybe it has something to do with the fact that she can't use Z-Crystals.' Pikachu, who was on his normal spot, added.

"Maybe..." Yuki was deep in thought about what the trial could be, until she saw their destination. Without warning, she dashed ahead of the boys, who quickly followed behind.

~.~.~

Outside Kahuna Hala's house, Hau opens up the door. "Grandpa, I'm home! I brought along Ash and Yuki!"

Kahuna Hala steps in the main room from another, seeing the 3 enter the house, alongside Yuki wearing her special Z-Ring. "I take it you're here to learn about Yuki's trial?"

The girl nods, egger to know what she needs to do in order to activate her special Z-Move.

~.~.~

Everyone sat around a table in the main area. The Kahuna was on a single chair on one side of the table, while the 3 classmates were on a couch located on the other side. Each of them had a cup in front of them filled with soda, or in Yuki's case, Moomoo Milk.

"Before I explain the details, I thought you should know that this trial was not my idea, but according to Tapu Koko, the Sinnoh Lake trio." Hala began, putting on a serious face. "I heard that you met Mesprit before arriving in this world. Am I correct, Yuki?"

"Yes, sir." The blue hair, light red eye girl relied. "I met her in the Hall of Origins, alongside Ash's Greninja and Riolu."

Riolu, who was sitting on the girls lap, nods. So does Greninja, who was leaning on a wall behind the girl.

"I'm sure you understand one of the main reasons why giving you the normal trial has no point." The Kahuna questions.

The girl takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. "To chase off the Ratatta line, you need the ones who consider them their pray. That would be the Yungoos line." Yuki then smiled.

"I see you know the answer." Hala smiled. "Although that is one of the main reasons, it is not the biggest. Your special Z-Move relies heavily on your special Aura, emotional state, and will power, believe it or not. It does not rely on the power of Alola in any way, unlike the normal Z-Moves."

Yuki nods, expressing she understands.

"The fear you hold regarding Pokemon messes with your emotional state, clearly expressing you lack at least one of the requirements. You would be surprised you actually lack all 3 in one way or another."

The girl's eyes widen, surprised by this.

"So is her Aura unstable, because of her emotions?" Ash asks, having a better understanding of Aura thanks to his experience in Rota.

The man nods. "Not only that, but one's willpower lessens when they are upset. Their minds become foggy, unable to clearly see everything around them."

Kahuna Hala points at the girl's right arm, which contains the Z-Ring. "The trial you have been given is to learn to function in this world, with or without that fear. You will know if you succeed when the Z in the middle begins to glow. Once it does, you may take the Grand Trial. Do note that when you take the Grand Trial, your Z-Ring must not stop glowing at any given moment. Doing that won't just mean you failed the Grand Trial, but you have yet to finish the Personal Trial."

"So, in short, I need to find a way to not rely on Lucario to help keep my emotions stable at any given moment..." Yuki's fists clenched harder. "I won't be able to save this world or my own otherwise..."

The Kahuna of Melemele Island got up from his seat and began walking towards another room. Before he walked though the doors, he told the girl one last bit of info. "You have no time limit from me, but I'm sure you understand the world has it's own time limit set for you."