Chapter 19: It's the Beginning of Our Grand Trial! LET'S GO!

(Ash's POV)

"Why are you calling Yuki a child?! She's actually 24, ya know!" I was annoyed. Everyone here knows about what's going on, apparently. That's all the more reason why they shouldn't call her a child: She's older then each of them... right?

...Apparently not, when everyone facepalmed themselves. Heck, I could even see Greninja mumble something to himself before looking at Pikachu. 'Pikachu, next time he interrupts, please shock him.'

'You got it!' My partner sounded all too happy to accept that request...

"PIKACHU!" This is when Pikachu turned his head towards me and gave a grin. He knows that I know he won't hold back... which worries me. "Fine... I'll stay quiet."

_____

As Yuki and the Island Kahunas continue talking about the trial, I can't help but think about my journey as a Pokémon Trainer so far. I mean, I've been though A LOT of crazy things that basically everyone goes though their entire lives, never experiencing. I've basically met every legendary there is. (Of course, I'm sure there are a bunch left... but still...)

Over the many adventures, I've made many friends. There's Broak, Misty, and Tracy; May and Max; Dawn, Iris, and Cilan; Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie; Lillie, Mallow, Lana, Kiawe, and Sophocles. I was able to enjoy so much time with each and every one of them. At some point, I would take on a league and lose (well, excluding the Alola league, but does that even count anymore?) Afterwards, we would part ways, all working hard towards our own goals.

I'm sure once Yuki and I fix this mess, I'll end up continuing the same pattern with Goh and everyone at the lab. It's in my blood to travel, right? Besides, Goh's dream doesn't quite match my own, given how he wants one of every Pokémon.

...Everyone has a dream, but for some reason, I can't help but worry about her; what will happen once this mess is over. Will she still be around? She took Goh's place in this world, after all. She told us that she gave up her ability to live life in her own world to come here and save it. Does that mean she won't exist...?

At that thought, I could feel my heart hurting. Why is that?

_____

'Ash!' I was snapped out of my own thoughts by Pikachu. He looks worried... 'You doing OK?'

"Yeah, I'm fine buddy. Don't worry about me, alright?"

'...if you say so.' Pikachu knows well enough something's bothering me, but I'm glad he's willing to drop it. 'It seems like the battling's about to begin.'

At some point, Yuki and Greninja walked away from the Kahunas. They were a bit closer when listening to the trial rules. All four Tapu's decided to go behind me, eyes on the battlefield. (Although Tapu Bulu ended up somewhat in a lazy position. Typical Bulu...)