Chapter 18: The Information of the Grand Trial Revealed!

(Yuki's POV)

"HOLD ON A MINUTE!" Ash screamed in confusion, looking at all 4 Kahuna's. "ALL FOUR OF YOU KNOW? HOW?!"

In the mist of what seemed like the boy going slightly insane, three Pokeballs opened up. Two of the Pokémon grabbed each of Ash's arms. (One being Cinderace and the other being Incineroar, who trained it's butt off with the Professor's Fire/Dark-type to evolve.) The third was just Sobble, who plopped itself on the fire bunny's head.

'Just shut up and let the girl take her trial.' That's all Cinderace said before the two fire-types dragged him to the sidelines. Pikachu, who was facepalming himself with embarrassment in front of me, turned to face me and gave me a thumbs up for good luck before following the group.

Even I don't know the answer, but I can take an educated guess: some people we didn't think of needed to remember. Either that, or at some random point during my time here, Ash internally agreed for them to remember... but that's not important right now.

"Alrighty, with that out of the way, Kahuna Hala will explain the actual details." Hapu looked at the older man, ready for him to take over.

The Kahuna of Melemele Island took a step forward, looking at me and Greninja, who were ready to do whatever needed to be done. "As you already know, when this trial begins, your Z-Ring must be glowing at all times. You do remember this, right Yuki?"

"Yes, sir." I put the arm with the Z-Ring across my chest, which I made glow for just a moment using the Aura I've mastered over the time period I spent within the world of Pokémon. "Just let me know when it's officially time to begin. I'm ready."

This earned a small chuckle from most of the Kahunas. (Nanu just rolled his eyes.) "That's good to know, chil-"

"Why you calling Yuki a child?! She's actually 24, you know!" Ash butted in, getting facepalms from everyone at this point, including me.

'He's still older, no matter which way you look at it.' Greninja mumbled to himself. Then the ninja frog turned towards the Kantoian trainer's Electric partner. 'Pikachu, next time he interrupts, please shock him.'

'You got it!'

"PIKACHU!"

As the sidelines began bickering at themselves, the explanation continued. "You'll be fighting 5 battles without a break, a one-on-one battle with each Kahuna in the order of your choice and a pre-chosen Island Deity at the end. Who that Tapu is will be unknown until the 5th battle."

"Five battles... non-stop...?" My face went a tad pale, not sure if even I'm ready for this... That's when I felt a webbed hand on my shoulder. I looked up with my worried expression, voice somewhat panicking. "Can we do this...?"

'Don't give up until it's over.' The water/dark-type encouraged me. 'Even if we fail, we can always try again.'

What am I worrying about, Yuki?! Greninja is completely right here. Why am I suddenly worried over fighting a bunch of battles at once? I enjoy a good challenge, even in my old life! I didn't back down unless it was truly impossible. This? It's possible.

Still looking at the ninja frog, I hear 4 Pokeballs pop open, each being the Pokémon each Kahuna plans on using. Turning to face each Pokémon and trainer directly, our eyes met, ready for battle. All the Alolan residents who were chosen by an Island Deity reached our their arm towards me, each holding the Pokeball of their chosen partner and spoke some words in unison. "Who will you battle first?"