Chapter 3: Together, Goals are Made

Back at the Professor's house on the beach, Ash came running inside with Greninja carrying Yuki on her back, still unconscious. Riolu was running behind, woken up by the scream, but didn't have any energy to calm the girl down (let alone a fast enough reaction time before her shield was up.)

"What happened?" Professor Bernet asked, in the middle of making a couple of sandwiches for everyone. "Also, is that your Riolu?"

"I don't know what happened..." Ash responded as Greninja placed the girl on the couch. "Maybe you can explain why she screamed over a Caterpie, Greninja?"

'Maybe it's best that Riolu does. I mean, it's thanks to him that she even stayed calm in the face of your Charizard and all your other Pokemon...' Greninja looked over at the little unevolved Aura Pokemon.

Now all eyes, people and Pokemon alike, were on Riolu. It realized that this kind of question may come up often from now on. 'Ugh, this is gonna be a pain...'

~.~.~

The short version was explained, basically saying Pokemon don't exist in her world. Creatures that control the elements don't, either. How she's only afraid because of that and how Riolu was using it's aura non-stop to keep her calm up until now... and how when they were suddenly taken out of the dream, Riolu was already low on energy and fainted from the sudden impact.

At this point, Yuki was beginning to wake up. Riolu noticing, quickly went to sit near her, ready to admit some aura if needed.

"...I'm sorry about not saying anything before, Ash." The girl with blue hair and light red eyes said. Her expression was sad. "I was planning on telling you when I got here, because I wanted to make sure you woke up feeling better."

"Oh, don't worry about it! Thanks for being considerate." Ash smiled. "But may I ask... why were you afraid of a Caterpie? They can't do mu-."

"Butterfrees can know Sleep and Poison Powder, alongside Stun Spore..." She put her head down, trying to hide her embarrassment. "Even if we have similar things in our world, they aren't something everyone can access... alongside two of then would just flat out be deadly."

"That makes sense." Professor Kukui now spoke up. "That's a lot of Rage Powder to deal with..."

That got a small giggle from Yuki, which made everyone smile a bit. Then Yuki's own tummy growled. Professor Bernet handed her a plate of different sandwiches. Yuki saw one that looked like a PB&J.

~.~.~

After everyone ate and had a cup of something to drink in front of them, Yuki clapped her hands together once, gaining the attention of all. "Can we talk about what we're going to do from here on out?"

No one nods, instead, Pikachu puts its paw out to stop Yuki. 'I hope you don't mind, but... we already made plans. At least for a months worth.'

The girl tilts her head. "A... month?"

"That, and I'm sure within a half an hour, we're gonna see a few of my friend run in here asking us questions..." Ash added.

Yuki was quiet for a moment, thinking of what that mean. It finally hit her. "You let your classmates remember?"

Everyone nods this time.

"There isn't a problem with that, is there...?" Ash seemed worried.

"No! Actually, that's perfect! I was going to ask if we could do that." She smiled. Then she began to have her index finger touch, seeming embarrassed. "I was also going to ask if I could attend school for a little while... since I wanna make sure I understand Pokemon a bit better and all..."

'Seems like the both of you had the same idea in the end.' Greninja comments after some time of being quiet, actually in Ash-Greninja form. 'By the way, yes, I did just read your thoughts Ash.'

As the ninja frog shows a playful grin, Ash shows his signature smile. "I can just tell we're going to get along, Yuki Kirsten Kazeko!" He puts his arm out, seeming ready for a high five.

Yuki seems to almost mimic that smile as she gives him the high five. "Same here, Ash Satoshi Ketchum."

Riolu, suddenly seeming a bit tired, began closing its eyes. One of Professor Kukui's Pokeballs opened, sensing these actions. It was his Lucario. 'Riolu has been admitting aura to this girl the whole time. I'm surprised he lasted this long...'

Yuki, who didn't even notice, saw the half asleep Riolu. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!"

'Don't worry about it.' He smiled, then fell asleep.

"Hey Lucario, do you think you can stay by Yuki's side for now?" Kukui asked his Pokemon.

The fully evolved Aura Pokemon nodded. 'I'll even take over Riolu's job.' It then looked over to Greninja, holding out it's paw for a handshake. 'I'll just leave any fighting to you.'

Greninja shakes the Lucario's paw. 'I look forward to working with ya.'

As the two finished their shake... almost as if on cue, a bunch of kids come running though the door, all trying to ask a bunch off questions at once.